July's August Update

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/07 2:58 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nothing to report, really. After a weeklong camping vacation, I weigh 1 lb more than I did when I started Weigh****chers. On Monday, we're leaving for another week. I did come to realize that if I hadn't been "following" WW this summer, I would have gained ten pounds, not maintained. So I'm NOT beating myself up! School starts on the 16th, and it's bittersweet. Yes, I'll be earning a paycheck working with kids I love, but I will have to meet all the new people that took over the teaching positions that I interviewed for. Hopefully it won't be too hard. I'm looking forward to getting back into my school routine, where I can't sit and stuff my face constantly, like I have this summer. One of my co-workers that I'm pretty close to is also on WW and hasn't done well this summer, either. We're planning to jump back in it together. Safety in numbers, right? I know that some of my trouble is coming from soda...I'm drinking 99% soda, 1% other. No****er. Not good. So I won't be taking soda to school. Future updates during August will appear on this thread. Cheers! Pamela
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/07 10:06 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Tomorrow begins school. I hauled all my stuff up there yesterday and got to check out my schedule for the year. Totally AWESOME! I never have to work in the same CWC twice, and the teachers I'm working with are fantastic. My head teacher and I are in charge of all special ed science and MOST of special ed social studies. What that REALLY means is that by the end of the year, I should be able to pass my Praxis (teaching test) in both subject areas...opens up whole new doors! Today, I officially get back onto my WW plan. I was out of town all last week, and I came home 3 lbs lighter (although I gained 8 this summer!). We didn't spend ALL our time stuffing our faces, and we did more walking last week than I have all year...combined. I hope to keep up the walking bit! I have my frozen meals stocked up for school, and I will be alternating those with dinner leftovers (when I cook healthy). I have my water plan in place, and the motivation is finally back. Can I reach 200 by Christmas? I think so! All for now! Pamela
Irene S.
on 8/17/07 10:03 am - NJ
Hi Pamela, Glad to hear that you have the motivation back! Nothing beats a failure except picking yourself up and starting anew. Hope it's a great school year too! Irene
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/07 11:16 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
School is in full swing now, and the classwork is beginning to pile up. My days, for the most part, are pretty interesting. Not only do I get to work with a different teacher every hour, but I'm also getting a full middle-school education in science and social studies. I get paid to learn! I also get to spend a lot of time with a coworker of mine that I really like...she's a personal aide to a girl in many of my classes, and we became friends last year. I was down 2 lbs at my last WW meeting, so I'm about 4 under where I started four months ago. The only problems with food that I've been having the last two weeks is overdoing it on Saturdays. Today we went to a union picnic, and I ate too much food that didn't really taste good in the first place. So now I'm really kicking myself. I am going to try really hard to make it up by cutting back on my points a bit for the next three days, and also by trying to earn several exercise points each day as well. Every 30 minutes gives me 2 extra points, so I SHOULD be okay. Overall, things are going well. Hope everyone else is having a great time!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views