Happy 3 years everyone.

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/07 5:57 am - Somewhere Else
So some of us have already passed it, and the rest have it heading their way....our 3 year mark. What a fun journey it has been. I was blessed to be complication free and had an easy go of things...then again, that could change at any given moment, so I don't take it for granted! I know I don't pop in here very often. when I do come onto OH, I spend time on the main board. Even that is fairly limited. A lot has gone on in the past year, some good, some bad. Seems more bad than good, but the good will always outweigh the bad You can always check out my lastest on my website http://www.saturnus.com/pinalope/Journal.htm I do still need to add an anniversary update and photos. Something not written about on there yet, is the fact that I start with plastics in October. I will be having my belt lipectomy done on October 11th. Then, I should be getting breasts (implants and augmentation) arms and possibly thighs done in March. I am SO looking forward to this, I'm terrified at the same time. I just hope that more good than bad comes of this, LOL, considering how things have gone for me lately...I have every right to worry! We're also going on a cruise in February...the one that was promised me pre-op LOL. I'm looking forward to that too. So, I hope everyone has been doing well and is taking care of themselves. I also hope that everyone's dreams are coming true. Stay true to yourself, and enjoy life. Hugsssssssss Linda
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/07 9:22 am - Somewhere Else
Then, I should be getting breasts (implants and augmentation)----- Errrr I meant implants and lift LOL....
us2bfat C.
on 7/11/07 6:50 pm - selden, NY
wow linda its great to see you i come here now and again but mostly on the NY board where i connected with a lot of people im glad all is well with you and wish our july board was more active..... i still try to go to as many support groups as i can because this is a never ending journey and im constantly llearning new things..... plus it helps the newbie see there is a light at the end of the tunnel.....i hope to see more of you Stacy
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/07 10:56 pm - Somewhere Else
Hey Stacikins! I'm glad you're doing well. I didn't go to support groups for long, I found we never really accomplished much and really didn't discuss anything worthwhile. I have the best support system with my hubby, kids and few friends...also OH and Quix. My hubby had his surgery in February too and he's doing really well, over 130 Lbs lost! I did sit in for his information session and people seemed to enjoy that, they could see the change the surgery can make and asked me some questions. I'm tempted to ask the surgical nurse if I could step in as speaker, instead of the broad they have...she did it as far back as mine, and she's nothing but a preacher....doesn't really help people and is a REALLY bad presenter. I'm going to try to pop in more often. I miss this group. Great folks here. Linda
us2bfat C.
on 7/12/07 2:03 am - selden, NY
wow he lost a lot in a little time....... guys lose it so fast yes its the best when someone in your house is going thru what your going thru.... thats the best support talk soon Stacy
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 10:10 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I hope that bad stuff gets sorted out (I had to read quite a bit of your profile before I figured out what was going on). I'm sorry that things have been a little upside-down for you. You'll have to keep us posted on the plastics, I like reading about others' experiences. If I ever reach that point, I'll know what's coming. Take care! Pamela
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 10:54 am - Somewhere Else
Hey Pamela! Thanks, I hope everything works out too, but then again, people keep adding even more crap to our lives it seems. What is it with people? when they're miserable, they tend to try to make all happy people miserable too? Blech. I'll be posting every detail (minus pictures LOL) of my plastics experience...I hope I have an easy go of it, but I know it may not be so easy. I want to tell my experiense so it can possibly help others. I never thought I'd get to the point of being able to get my plastics...but DH surprised me by managing to set aside some of the house proceeds to get it done, he insists that I get it, because he knows how important it is to me. We could use the $ for other things, but he says NO!....I'm lucky. We need to get this board going more again! Hugssss Linda
IrishIze
on 7/21/07 2:40 am - NJ
Hi Linda, and everyone! Wow, hard to believe three years have passed! Even with my ups and downs, I still stand in awe of how blessed I am to have been able to have had this surgery. I'm healtiher than I've been in a long, long time - not only physically, but emotionally as well. Even with those crappy things life has thrown at me, I'm happy for the most part. A few months ago, I was kind of alarmed that I had gotten up to 184 lbs, so I made a concerted effort to be more careful of what I was eating (kind of followed the Weigh****chers point system) and got my a$$ in gear and started walking. Well, I'm down to 172 (even lost a pound on vacation ). Twelve pounds in about 10 weeks. I'm doing 2 three-mile walks a day. I have also dropped a size in clothing. I'm not paying all that much attention to the scale - I'm using it more as a monitor to keep myself in check, but I can feel the difference in inches lost, and other people are noticing too (I got called "Miss Skinny" at the grocery store today ) I missed noting my anniversary here because I was away in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks with my dad. We had a grand time! Again, there were times I stopped and thanked God for the blessings this surgery has afforded me. I was so miserable when I was obese. I wish I could get a tummy tuck at the very least, but I just can't afford it at this time. I'd love to get a breast lift too, but I guess if it's meant to be, it will be somewhere down the road. Linda, please keep us posted about your upcoming plastics....even with the $$ issue, I'm starting to gather info. I hope we can all make an effort to check in here. I love the people on this board, and as we really move into the maintenance phase of our post-surgery lives, we will need more and more support. Hugs and happy 3 year anniversary to all!! Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/07 11:03 am - Somewhere Else
Hey Nancy! I have to agree, even with all the other garbage that has come my way in the past years, I can at leats be thankful for my surgery...well, and my hubby and kids! I feel much better since having my surgery and losing the weight. I hope to heck that I can keep it off! I added an update to my website with photos that we took yesterday, we had a ball taking them. http://www.saturnus.com/pinalope/Journal.htm My hubby is doing great too, since his surgery in February..he has lost 136 pounds so far! I will keep everyone up to snuff when it comes to my plastics. I'm anxious about getting this done, but I'm also really looking forward to it. I'm tired of looking pregnant! Good for you, Nancy, on getting back into it all to get the weight back down. That's one of the hardest things to do. You keep it up! Hugssssss Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views