It's My Third Rebirthday!

jewelcrown
on 7/6/07 1:09 am
It's hard to believe it's been 3 years. WOW!! Where has the time gone. I am so grateful to have had the surgery. I was looking at some old photos of me and I look 20 years older! What a blessing this surgery has been to me. Am I where I want to be? NO. But praise God I'm not where I used to be. I had my 3 year check up yesterday. I'm 2 lbs heavier than I was this time last year. I'll take it. I'm still 100+ less than I was 3 years ago!!!!! I can: 1. Touch my toes 2. Run up and down stairs 3. Fly in airplane without a seatbelt extender 4. Shop in real stores!!! 5. Fit in theater seats 6. Fit in a booth 7. Walk across a room with confidence 8. Get men to whistle at me!!! 9. Get asked out on dates (GO FIGURE THIS ONE!!!) 10. Wear a bathing suit with confidence (I'VE GOT CUTE CURVES! - WHO KNEW!!) 11. And so much more.... Thanks family for all your support and love... this journey continues... HAPPY REBIRTHDAY JULY BABIES!!! Hugs! Denise
PamLane
on 7/6/07 1:47 am - Houston, TX
Happy Birthday!!! Isn't it wonderful? I'm a July baby too and have been wondering about weight gain farther down the road. Haven't put it on yet but wanted to see other's experiences. Glad that you're doing so well.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/07 1:26 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Denise-- I'm glad that things are going so well for you. It's amazing how far we've all come, especially considering that I didn't realize 3 years ago that I had anywhere to go. Keep plugging away at it, and you'll get there! Pamela
us2bfat C.
on 7/9/07 2:50 am - selden, NY
god bless you thats quite the accomplishment most people take those things for granted you have done a great job keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monna W.
on 7/9/07 11:35 am - Susanville, CA
My surgery sisters, Add to Denise's list 1. Have my granddaughter sit in the same chair with me. 2. Hike difficult trails in the mountains. 3. Start a new job in a new field at 62 years of age. 4. Look forward to each new day instead of thinking that it might be my last. 5. Finally serving as a role model for my children. I am so thankful for this site and all the wonderful people I have met here. Monna
IrishIze
on 7/21/07 2:50 am - NJ
Hi Monna - just wanted to give you a quick hug and . It sounds like things are still going well for you, and that sure makes me happy!! Hope to see you around here soon! Hugs, Nancy
IrishIze
on 7/21/07 2:48 am - NJ
Hi Denise!! Mwah, mwah, mwah! (Those a big kisses ) You are one of my absolute favorite people here! You've helped me get through lots of tough times with your upbeat and positive attitude. You deserve all the great things that are happening to you! I hope you'll check in - I'm vowing to myself that I will continue to do so. Keep well and happy rebirthday to you! Hugs, Nancy
sradcli74
on 10/10/07 11:34 am
I know I'm about 3 months late but happy belated re-birthday. Your post describes it exactly. Lady Teah
jewelcrown
on 10/13/07 11:51 pm
Hey Teah! So good to hear from you. I miss the old gang and our daily check ins. I guess life has us all busy and yet... I know I'm still struggling. Have a fantastic week!! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/07 12:28 pm - TX
k
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits