Happy Anniversary to all of us!

deeno
on 7/2/07 6:18 am - Kokomo, IN
Three years....so many things that I've done these past three years that I would have struggled with had I not had WLS. It still floors me that my sides don't tou*****hairs when I sit down, and that I'm not afraid of breaking lawn furniture any more. I looked at an old picture of me from 2001....and I look like my own older fatter sister...even though I'm 6 years younger in the picture. I'm so happy that I have the energy to play with my son, and that I won't be "the fat mom" when he starts school (in four years *wink*), and I have a good shot at being the "kinda hot mom". I have more confidence, and I think more people take me seriously when I need them to, too. I also don't care what I put in my grocery cart now (of course, mostly healthy stuff). When I was obese I was sure everyone watched what I put in my cart. Now, I don't give a poop what everyone thinks about what's in my grocery cart. Silly, isn't it? I'm hovering at 209 right now, and would like to see a weigh in that doesn't begin with a "2" before summer is over. From there, who knows. I think at 185-190 I'll easily fit into a size 14 (my ultimate goal from day one, and still on my mind). What a wild ride.... Deeno
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/07 3:27 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Three years...it's been an amazing journey! Except for being able to shop in normal clothing stores, my life is one of a "normal" person. I can walk, ride a bike, swim, roller skate, fit on rides and go-karts...pretty much do everything that I've been unable to do for many years. I have oodles more confidence (although I still fall short of being completely comfortable in my own skin), and I'm not afraid to try new things. In the last three years I... 1) found a job that I love 2) have been given numerous compliments about how I look 3) put on roller skates for the first time in 18 years 4) swam down the Meramec River (okay, only 1/2 mile of it) 5) made it to the second round of interviews for a teaching job (didn't get the job) 6) have been through numerous fertility tests and treatments (and no baby...YET) 7) made a few new friends 8) have been hit on by at least two married men 9) became a better wife 10) became a better mother What's not to love about this surgery? Happy anniversary! Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views