been a long time for me as well

us2bfat C.
on 5/24/07 7:47 pm - selden, NY
good morning everyone or at least it is for me !!! its been a long time since i posted or even been on the computer .... as most of you know the last year has been the hardest year of my life ... i just completed a fuuuuuuuuuuuullllll treatment to the end of interferon its just shy of a cancer treatment consisting of 6 pills a day and an injection once a week..... needless to say the meds made me sick as a dog and unable at the end to do anything but come home from work and curl up and sleep......well the good news is im medication free... woooooo hooooo its been a month without them and i have to say that im not 100% yet but little by slowly im getting back to the old me .... i have my energy back and im VIRUS FREE!!!!!!! i had lost an extra 20 lbs that i didnt have to lose but now gaining that back making me look like a normal human instead of a bag of bones..... im glad to see all of my july babies still posting...... one thing i never gave up during my last 3 yr journey is support i try every month to get to a support group and i find for me that its very helpful..... i feel being in a room with others that are going thru the same trials and complications that we go thru post op is very very helpful.......and i firmly believe that its the key to most sucesses.....i miss chatting with all you guys and i hope to stay connected a little more now that the weather is gorgeous here in ny im outside most of the day in my garden.... i also remember being pre op and my surgeons support group said to find a hobby eating used to be my hobby so now i exchanged it with gardening........i try to stay active and excersise regularly.....i am very active on the ny board and have met a lot of great people who are my support thru and thru during this amazing journey ...again i hope to speak to you all soon and i will make a vow to post a little more regularly....... for the ones that are stuggling dont be hard on yourselves just pick yourself up and brush yourself off and get back on track ... summer is the best time to start since you can get out and not be stranded in the house........again i hope all is well and i hope to talk soon... maybe we can start an online support with just us july babies we can use the chat room on this board set a time and day and we can chat with each other instead of in posts... i have done it a few times and it has proved to be helpful.... remember we are a select few and others dont see us that way so we have to stick together... Stacy
IrishIze
on 5/30/07 4:37 am - NJ
Hi Stacy, Nice to see you here. I'm glad your treatment is over and done with and that it was successful. My friend's hubby just finished his in March and he's finally starting to feel human again. Sounds like you're doing well - keep up the good work!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views