Commitment...week 9.... maybe?

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/07 11:44 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Sorry for being MIA lately. I remained committed, but I was just way too busy to remember to stop by here. I've been running on empty the last several weeks. During the day, I've been helping students prepare for their finals which are this week. It's mindnumbing and frustrating all at the same time. My evenings have been jam-packed with stuff to do, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight, despite having 2 months off coming to me. Caitlin's stepfather adoption is supposed to take place on Friday afternoon. He's been there for her since before she was born, and now his name will be legally placed on her birth certificate. It's very exciting for all of us! My time with Weigh****chers is well spent. I had a rough week last week, although I didn't gain anything. In the four weeks I've been following the plan, I'm down 6 lbs from 233. I'm hoping to see 199 by the end of the summer. I will continue with WW this summer and hope that I will be able to continue making the right choices, even in times of absolute boredom or while on vacation. It's a challenge! DH and I have put fertility treatments on hold for now, and we will try on our own when I'm at a weight I'm happy with. Until then, it's in God's hands. We'll gladly take a surprise, although we aren't trying for it. I hope everyone has a terrific holiday weekend. Stay safe, watch those drunks on the road! Cheers! Pamela
scholarmama
on 5/22/07 3:12 pm - Hemet, CA
Pamela... What do you teach? I am looking forward to the summer as well. I finally reached the onederfuls this past month. I haven't gained since the surgery but couldn't seem to get below 200. I want to get back to the gym but I am doing the single mom thing again so that isn't very easy. I have set it up for all my kids to participate in the afterschool program next year so I will be able to work out when school starts back up again in the fall. I am going to try to do a 5K in two weeks. Good luck to you on staying on track. Blessings to you Loni
IrishIze
on 5/24/07 11:26 pm - NJ
Hi Pam, I really admire the fact that you never stop trying. I think being aware of our triggers and being honest with ourselves is a big part of the battle. Hang in there, we're all in this together! I'm also doing Weigh****chers. I'm not going to meetings, but I am following their plan and getting support from some people at work doing the same thing. I have all the materials from when I was on it pre-surgery. I really think I need the discipline of knowing exactly what I can eat and writing everything down. I'm also exercising every day, but the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I'd like it too - I'm too results oriented. I have to be happy with the fact that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do and that my clothes are fitting better, not what the scale says. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views