" My Insurance dropped my Bariatric Coverage"!!!!!!

dejavue_005
on 5/10/07 8:09 am
I found out today that BCBS(HMO) dropped my Bariatric coveage. Anything pretaining to any procedure of weightloss. I once was covered, but dropped. I called (BCBS) them in beginning of the year.I spoke with someone I was covered. I wanted to make sure, before starting on the Journey!!) MY Question to anyone *****ads this is? What can I do?
Irene S.
on 5/13/07 8:37 am - NJ
You probably have coverage for the treatment of MORBID obesity. Many policies will exclude treatment for obesity. Only when it gets high enough to be MORBID obesity will they cover it. It's a numbers thing - something like 60% of Americans are overweight, while 7% are MORBIDLY obese. Check with your insurance company again. Ask if they cover "surgical treatment of morbid obesity" when it's determined to be medically necessary. Good luck - hope it works out for you. Irene
ladybeth
on 5/18/07 6:03 am - Bruce Crossing, MI
DON"T GIVE UP!!! Why did they drop it? Is it just for you or your whole group? Did they have all your information? Or is it too old now? Sometimes after 90 days you will need to start process or part of process all over. What state are you in? If this insurance is through your employer go to the HR office or whoever handles your policy and find out why you weren't notified in advance of any changes being made to your contract. What ever you do if it was approved maybe they can retroactivwe it because they didn't let you know etc. FIGHT for it. Best of luck, Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views