HI - Remember Me????

IrishIze
on 5/9/07 12:38 am - NJ
Hi everyone, I know it's been forever since I've posted, but you're never far from my thoughts. Things are going well for me. I gained about 10 lbs and I'm working on that....lost five in the past two weeks thanks to a recommitment to healthy diet and regular exercise. I've become very commited to a 40 - 50 minute walk at lunchtime, and then in the evenings I usually take another walk of at least 30 minutes. I also have my tap dancing every Tuesday - an hour of INTENSE workout and my friend and I also practice a few times a week. I'm weighing in around 179 - trying to get down to about 170 - 172. I'm not starving myself anymore - just trying to be reasonable. A snack here or there, but a healthy one. I'm also trying control my tendency to eat when I'm stressed. There have been a lot of things that have happened in the last month: my son totalled his car (thank God he's OK), my roof sprung a leak, my washer died - just stuff one on top of the other and I was turning to food BIG TIME. I'm still seeing the therapist and trying to work on that and find substitutes for that kind of behavior. Right now I'm trying to pop a SF cough drop when I feel like popping a cupcake. I'm also trying to realize that sometimes the thought of certain foods is actually better than eating it (if you know what I mean). Dealing with the guilt and disappointment in myself is just not worth the food most times. Anyway, this is a lifelong struggle and I imagine I will always have to work at it. All in all, life is good at the moment (knocking on my head... ). I hope all my babies are well, happy and healthy!! Love and hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 5/10/07 12:37 am
Hey Nancy! So good to read your post. I'm still in the same boat. I've come to terms with my body, it does not want to be below 200! So if I'm 215 the rest of my life and in size 14 top and 18 bottom, life will go one. At least I'm not wearing 32s!!! anymore. I'm still exercising in the water every morning. Trying to eat healthily, although some days are harder than others. Weighing daily. I need to get back to using Fitday. It is so easy to slip off the trail. Love ya! Denise
IrishIze
on 5/19/07 12:44 pm - NJ
Hey Denise! So nice to hear from you and see your smiling face! I understand about getting to a point where we need to accept that most of us will never be rail-thin. I'm sitting about 176 right now - I'd still like to lose another 10 lbs. I'm doing Weigh****chers because I just really need the discipline of knowing exactly how much I can eat. I've lost around 3-4 lbs. this week, but I've also been walking 40 minutes a day and I took two one-hour tap classes, so exercise is helping out too. Keeping a diary of what I'm eating and planning out the day is really a big help too. Love ya back!!! Nancy
Traci K.
on 5/10/07 11:02 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi Nancy Of course I remember you! Life is busy for everyone these days I guess. I'm struggling with my labs these days. I followed my surgeon's post-op supplementing advice and I gotta tell ya - my labs aren't so great and I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. I'm feeling bad these days and it's all a bit scary. I've rejoined some email groups and seeking help from longer term post-ops who know their stuff on supplements and am getting some help in getting me healthy again and determining what I need to be taking and how much I need to be taking. So everyone make sure you TAKE YOUR SUPPLEMENTS!! GET YOUR LABS DONE AND YOUR BONE SCANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very important for us! DRINK YOUR PROTEIN SHAKES!!! Okay - now that I've reminded everyone what they need to do to stay healthy. I can get back to bed. I'm really not feeling so great these days, but hopefully will be again soon!!!! Pray for me!! Traci 250/150
IrishIze
on 5/19/07 12:49 pm - NJ
Traci - wow, I'm so happy to see you here! Sorry to hear that you're not doing so well with your labs. I am really overdue for bloodwork. I have to say I have always been very good about taking my vitamins and supplements every day. I was a little low on calcium last time I had the test, so I've upped it and also try to get in at least one yogurt every day. I was also low in iron, so I take extra ferrous sulfate as well. I start my day off with a protein shake, and try to eat as much as I can, but sometimes I think I'm lacking. I truly hope you're soon out of bed and feeling better. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. Love ya, Nancy
Monna W.
on 5/16/07 4:49 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, So nice to see your post. I don't get here as often as I should, and I had been missing you when I did drop by. Like you, and it appears several of the others, I have fallen prey to some bad habits. I've been have a snack every night at bedtime, not getting my protein and not drinking enough water. My daughter is going through the process and is required to go to 2 support group meetings before her surgeon will schedule her surgery. We went last night and it was so much better than the other group I attended about a year ago. Any way, I am giving up my bedtime snack and making a real effort to get my protein. I have not gained weight back, but at the rate I've been going the past month, it will soon appear if I don't correct myself. I went back to work in March, working as weekend RN supervisor at our local nursing home. There is always food, and I eat. I have to be really conscious of what I am putting in my mouth. I would really like to lose another 40 lbs and I believe I can if I use this wonderful tool. You have in there, my friend. Monna 389/195/159
IrishIze
on 5/19/07 12:58 pm - NJ
Monna, my friend, here's a big kiss - MWWAAHHHH! It's always nice to hear from you! It seems like we've all gotten a bit complacent, but hey, we're not drowning in self-loathing - we're getting back to work and remembering where we came from and NO, WE'RE NOT GOING BACK THERE - are we??? It's strange, but when I'm not being good, I find I can eat anything. But when I start to be careful and watch what I eat, it seems I get full really fast and the tool starts to work again. Weird, huh? Monna, you're a strong woman - I know you get get back in business and lose that last 40. Love ya, Nancy
christygran
on 5/19/07 4:16 am - honesdale, PA
hugs yes i do
samyrna
on 9/14/07 12:42 pm - Sanford, MI
HI ya all, I remember Nancy, Denise, and Traci, I haven't been on for a long time, but I will get better at it, I'm doing well. have stayed the same for the most part, but down 3 and a 1/2 lbs on my third year appointment, BUT!!! my Iron level is way high, that can't be good, I only take my Prenatal Vit. and my Calcium. They are asking me to do more blood work in two weeks, Do any of you know anything about this, I have been a bit dizzy, and a bit off balance at times, Good to be back on, Myrna in MI.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views