Quitting smoking!!

ladybeth
on 4/18/07 4:58 am - Bruce Crossing, MI
I came to post here, not sure if its relevant to weight but I've been a smoker for just over 2 years and I am on day number 3 without! It is tough. I have lived with a smoker in my household for most of my life but never took up the habit until a real stressful time in my life just over two yrs. ago. I find myself eating away yesterday, not even caring if I was hungry. I can't eat alot at one time but I could graze and put it back on... NOT happening to me! I am just so mad at myself for even abusing my body the way I have. I have been through alot in my life of 42 years but that is no excuse. I am strong and don't really need a feel good crutch. I'm sort of rambling, but I need to get this out. Just looking for some support, I'll keep you posted on the weight gain / loss through the next month. At 175 lbs today. Thanks for listening- Beth
Irene S.
on 4/21/07 4:31 am - NJ
Hi Beth! I'm sending good vibes your way for the quitting thing... Been there, done that way too many times myself. The first time I quit was easy. Should have left it alone because it took me 12 years and more attempts than I can even count before I was able to finally quit the second time. That was about 14 years ago now. But I try to remember that I'm really only one puff away... Hang in there. I does get easier with time... Try to keep those hands busy.... Keep telling yourself that you ARE A NON-SMOKER.... Irene
IrishIze
on 6/25/07 5:30 am - NJ
Beth, I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to respond. Shame on me! You can do it. I think quitting smoking was the hardest thing I've ever done. I've quit drinking and drugs and yeah, that was hard, but smoking was the worst. The good news is, if I can do it ANYONE can do it!! I still think about it today (after 7.5 years), but it's fleeting. I keep some cigarette length straws here and there and when I have a tough time, I pretend to smoke them. It really helps - guess the deep breathing, etc. Give it a try. I also found a support group online that was very helpful. Hang in there - you're a NON-smoker!! If you need support, feel free to email me! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views