Can we ALL check in!!!

Tara118
on 4/18/07 1:51 am - Trenton, OH
Hey everyone!! I would love to see how everyone is doing. I am still living in Ohio and still at weight. Ihad actually gained 10 lbs but later realized I needed the 10lbs back. I am happy to say I ahve inspired a few friends to have the surgery and they ahve done well also!! I am dating but no one seriously at this point. Cassidy will be 7 in June and it is a true blessing to be able to play and do things with her. I love and miss everyone!! Tara
Traci K.
on 4/18/07 7:54 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hi Tara I'm here, doing well and no problems or complications from my surgery. I too have gained 10 lbs; but really can't say that I need them. ;) But the good news is that I have been holding very steady at this weight and still feel great and no complaints or worries. I'm supposed to go today for my annual physical and bloodwork; but I have a sick kiddos today, so not sure if I'll make the appointment or not. We shall see. I've already had to reschedule once, so would prefer not to have to do so again. In general, life is just very busy for me now. I pop on and post when I can. Traci
us2bfat C.
on 4/18/07 8:18 pm - selden, NY
tara thank god for instant messages cause i wouldnt hear from anyone on this july board which i was very active on pre and post op.....im glad we are chatting once in a while and kudos to you for maintaining.... it does get harder as we get further out so you must be working hard.... as many know i had been sick and saw the scale hit 119 and started getting a little worried im now back around 129 and 135 which is fine with me ill even take 140 im financially grounded right now and searching for a second job...... anyway im still greatful for the tool that has been given to me and use it MOST of the time wisely.... glad all is well with you ..... you think turning 7 is a big thing?? try teaching your 16 yr old to drive or trying to get him to tell me where he wants to go to college ugh.... not easy when you have no money!!!!! talk soon .... im always on and off... Stacy
scholarmama
on 4/21/07 3:26 am - Hemet, CA
Hi!!! I am sitting about 20lbs more than what I want to be... but from what the PS says it is all skin. I have lost 190lbs. I am just under the 200lb marker woo hooo. The unfortunate part is I cannot have the PS until the doctors figure out why my body wont maintain iron levels. I am in my 2nd year of teaching and have been asked back for next year so I am happy to say I think I have started my career...lol. I am now doing the mom thing alone and I am not having any problems... financially... or physically. I have truly been blessed because of my weight loss. Hope all are doing well... Good luck as we approach our 3 years out marker Loni
Irene S.
on 4/21/07 4:25 am - NJ
Hi Tara, Good to hear from you. Glad that you're doing well. I'm about the same. My weight is about 140. Still waiting for the right time for plastic surgery. First my son and now my husband can't believe the way I used to look. They have really gotten used to the thinner me... I'm still working for my surgeon and love my job. It's a thrill to be able to meet people that are where I was 3 years ago and to be able to fight for them to have surgery. To be part of their journey. It helps ME. Keeps me in touch with where I was not *that* long ago. It's also part of why I encourage people to find and attend a support group. It's SO easy to forget how awful I felt 3 years ago - I've gotten used to feeling good and it's easy to just take it for granted sometimes... I don't ever want to forget! Hope all my July '04 surgery buddies are well! Irene
Monna W.
on 4/27/07 11:53 am - Susanville, CA
I have been so busy that I haven't even checked the board for a while. I am back working 3 days a week as an RN--that is after being on disability for 5 years. I am so healthy now, my cardiologist says I should be a poster child for WLS. My heart is in great shape and I am down to 4 prescription medications and hope to have 2 more gone by the end of the year. I have applied for the director of the nursing program and the local junior college--won't know anything until June. My weight hovers around 194-200. Would really like to get the last 40-45 pounds off, but I am happy where I am--it is so much better than where I was. I think I would lose 10-15 pounds if I could have a paniculectomy and bat wing removal. I am going with my daughter as support to a seminar in Reno next week. Her primary has recommended her for WLS. My life has been so blessed by all of you. Thank you for your support through the past few years and the support I know that will continue. Those of you who still seem stuck--hang in there. You are doing better than you were and better than if you had not had WLS. Monna 389/198/159
KathrynR
on 5/10/07 7:21 pm - Burleson, TX
It's been a long time since I've been on this board. I've done well but have gained five pounds back. It is such a struggle to try to lose it again. I would prefer to lose 10 more pounds but I don't think it is going to happen. I went back to work after being retired for over three years. I have lost 192 pounds from my highest weight - oh, that should be five pounds less now - and currently weigh 134 pounds. I see you are from Ohio. My surgeon moved to Cincinnati so I will be flying up there for my visits now. In fact, I will be coming up the 31st of this month for a checkup on June 1. It will be my first trip to Ohio. Take care, Kathy
MissSandy
on 5/11/07 2:10 pm - Acworth, GA
Hi, All, This is my first post on this board. I had the Mini Gastric Bypass on July 22, 2004. I have lost 217 pounds and am very happy with my results. However, one side-effect is giving me fits! I thought I'd ask those of you who are the same amount of time from surgery as I am. The problem is the TERRIBLE smelling gas! This has put a real damper on my social life. I've tried it all---Devrom, Beano, Phazyme, Charcoal tabs, and yogurt to name a few. I figure it would improve if I would be more diligent with my diet, but one article says to cut out carbs, another says to cut out fat, and others say to cut out some vegetables. Does ANYONE have advice about this? Thanks. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views