Commitment Week 4

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/07 10:39 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
A day late, but it doesn't matter. I saw 231 yesterday. It's SOOOOO hard to stay on track each day. I know I need to do this for myself, for my husband, and for my daughter. I don't want to live the rest of my life buying clothes from the Fat Lady's Section. I don't want my daughter to go through this in the future. Still, I'm having such a hard time fighting it. The whole baby thing is on hold for now, maybe through the summer, maybe until next year. Emotionally, I feel so much better NOT going through fertility treatments than I did, although I sometimes still have a pang of regret at not having another baby yet. My whole job situation is on hold, too. I MAY be in line for an at-risk position in my school, but my principal says one thing, then another, and another...so who knows? He hasn't gotten around to filling that position, and has told me that when he does (he has many other positions to fill that are more pressing, such as a vice-principal job), if there is only one in-house person applying, it won't need to go to interviews. Well, I'm the only one who has applied...so what does that mean? My daughter's step-parent adoption should be finalized this month. Not really sure, the lawyer is a bit of a joke. I would have done a much better job representing us, but I guess you have to pass that silly bar exam first. Then, this summer, she's being tested for ADHD. Hopefully, someone can help us find a solution to her behavior, as therapy isn't working. So it's not wonder I can't stay on track! Not that any of this is a good excuse, because I need to work to fight it instead of accept it and shove food in my face. Every week is new, so here I go again. Have a great week! Pamela
IrishIze
on 4/10/07 10:47 pm - NJ
Hey Pam - it's great to see you still hanging in there! I've been trying to be good - I've had my ups and downs, but I'm down from 183 to 177, so something's working. I am incorporating exercise - making sure I get at least 30-40 minutes per day plus my tap practice, so I'm hoping that will cut down on inches. Things have been stressful for me - my dad is selling his house and moving into a Seniors place, so that's a whole lot of work and energy. There's been a major reorganization at work that in the end will be a good thing, but is stressful when it's happening. All in all, I'm really trying to delve into how to deal with the eating compulsions and what I can do to keep them in check. I've been going to the therapist for about 5 months, and we're just starting to touch on it. I'm hanging in there with you girls - and I promise to check in more often. We can do this!!! Hugs, Nancy
Traci K.
on 4/11/07 7:42 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi everyone Busyness abounds here at my house; thus my long-term absence. I'm doing well. Holding at 155 lbs, which is up about 10 lbs from my lowest maintained weight. My surgeon said this would happen, just not sure I like that it has happened to ME! Other than that, I'm doing well. I guess my two biggest bits of news are my one daughter is going to make me a grammy in August!! And my other daughter is getting married in July!! So we're busy with those big family events. Have a great week!
AngelFlyingHappy
on 4/12/07 2:34 am - Oxnard, CA
Hi girls, I'm still here too. My future father-in-law passed away March 26. So we have been dealing with that loss. It's been very hard for my fiance'. But we are hanging in there. Diet wise, I'm doing great down 4 pounds this week. It was a struggle to get back on track, but now that I'm here it hasn't been that bad. So keeping my fingers crossed I will stay on track. I have to get measured for my wedding dress at the end of the month and want to down as much as possible by then! Hope all is well with everyone. Keep the peace and keep your eye on the prize! Hugs! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views