Confessions of a long term bandster

Bunnygal
on 3/30/07 5:15 am - bloomington, IL
Hi everyone! I am recently re-committed to losing weight again and having rambling thoughts. I don't want to post these on the main board since I don't want to deter anyone from surgery. Since I am a bandster some of these things only apply to being banded. I am fortunate in that being banded I feel it is easier to get back on track since restriction is still there. Anyhoo...here I go - it frustrates me that although how much I can eat is restricted - doritos, chips, and other junk food goes down soooo much easier than carrots or other vegetables - drives me crazy that my food addiction is the cause of my weight problems, but I have to be obsessed with food in order to lose weight - crazy weight loss on shows like Biggest Loser makes me feel like I'm not doing well when I lose 2-3 lbs per week - now I am smart enough to know better, but when you hear of 10lbs +, it is hard not to be envious - drives me absolutely nuts when kudos are given to people who lose weight without surgery as if having surgery is a quick fix, if that were the truth I would be a little twig right now Well, enough of the rambling thoughts. I am feeling pretty good about being able to achieve the goals I have for myself for the remainder of the year (would like to lose another 50). Although I have gained 20 pounds in the last 2 years, I am 75 lbs lighter than I was at my heaviest. You have to look at the positive - right!
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/07 10:11 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Shawn, bandster or RNY, when you're a compulsive overeater (as many of us are), it's so hard to stay on the healthy path. We all eat for different reasons, and some people have an easier time overcoming those reasons than others. Don't beat yourself up for not being like those people on the biggest loser. Even they gain some of the weight back! My mom also has the LapBand. She lost a little bit with it, then gained it right back. Fill after fill, and no success. She even follows Weigh****chers, and STILL can't lose the weight. You're definitely not alone! Hang in there! Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views