WAKING UP HUNGRY??

ladybeth
on 3/12/07 6:21 am - Bruce Crossing, MI
HI! I am wondering if anyone wakes up in the night hungry? I never did this before or after my surgery??? It's sort of getting to me. I will not let myself eat in the middle of the night as I know this would be disasterous!! I'll get up around 2-4 am & have a glass of water, but I have been hungry for the last 3 weeks... Any ideas or solutions?? I am down 160 #'s from my surgery date and feel wonderful. I am very active. I can tolerate most foods in moderate amounts. All suggestions appreciated!
Irene S.
on 4/21/07 4:39 am - NJ
Hi Beth, Are you still having this problem? I've personally found that the ONLY thing that will make me feel hungry are carbs. Whether it's a complex carb found in beans or whole wheat bread, or the simple carbs in a piece of candy - the effect is the same... Hunger. Other than that, it's difficult to say. Could it be emotional difficulties or stress driving you to feel cravings and hunger? Are you waking because you're hungry, or are you waking and noticing you feel hungry? I give you lots of credit for not giving in to the hunger. It can be very tough sometimes. If you are feeling especially weak and wanting to give in to the hunger, try to have a protein item... That will at least keep you from having an insulin spike which would only make you hungry again in a few hours... Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views