Burning question!

MargaretD
on 3/5/07 4:42 am - Nashville, TN
Hey all...it has been forever since I have posted anything here...hope you all are doing well. My question: Do any of you drink the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes? They now have new packaging and apparently a new formula which adds 10 calories, 2 carbs, and 2g of protein. Well, I am trying to curb my crazy daytime snacking and thought it would be good to drink these again (10 am is a craving time for me!) so I got some and brought it to work. I am unsure if by changing the formula they just messed it all up or if I just got a bad batch. B/c it was absolutely disgusting...superthick and a *****unky. I used to like them so much...they were like a diet yoohoo or somthing. A good way to get in protein with very little calories...and very filling. Anyway, if any of you have any input on this formula change, please let me know...I am really hoping that it was a bad batch b/c all the other protein shakes (ready to drink) are much higher in calories and carbs. later! -Margaret
ileanak
on 3/5/07 9:28 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hi Margaret! I can't comment on the EAS drinks, but what I can recommned is a whey protein from CostPlus Nutrition, or the equivelant at a GNC. The one I use (and I use the chocolate) has 24 grams of protein and 2 carb per serving and no fat. I like to mix it with fat free milk, bu****er is fine if you put icecubes in it and keep it cold (but that is a personal preference). Plus it isnt as thick as many of the store bought, pre-packaged drinks. Good luck!!! Ileana
ErikaL
on 3/6/07 8:48 am - JAX, FL
Hey Margaret, It might have been a bad batch...I have drank them for 3 years and just tried my first two since they changed them. They tasted about the same to me. hugs, Erika
IrishIze
on 3/12/07 4:47 am - NJ
I think you must have gotten a bad batch. I drink them every day and have not noticed any change in taste or consistency with the change. I usually have a plain shake for breakfast, then for lunch I usually make a smoothie in a blender. I add the shake, lots of ice, 1/2 of a banana, 3 T of Light and Fit yogurt, DaVinci SF flavorings, and a scoop of Isopure 0 Carb dutch chocolate protein powder. I split this with my friend here at work and it's very satisfying and filling - each drink comes in at aobut 175 calories, 6 carbs, 22 protein. Can't beat it!! Hopefully by now you will have tried a better batch!! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 3/20/07 2:56 am
Hi Nancy!!! Miss you... Hope all is well.... Hugs! Denise
us2bfat C.
on 3/13/07 7:38 pm - selden, NY
hi margret i am not sure what it is what you do for a living but i find that eating sunflower seeds in the shell take care of cravings between meals its a healthy snack and takes time to open and eat the little seed... i swore by them early out and at almost 3 yrs out i still do them.... they are my saving grace.. also nuts are a healthy choice.... i never really liked shakes because after like 9 months they werent filling me and then i was looking for something like almost right after drinking them.. so i hope this helps you i have been maintaining my weight since 9 months out of surgery but its a lot of work.... im not going to lie ...i try to stay aware of everything i put in my mouth and it seems to be working ... i take this at a second shot at life and am so enjoying frequenting stores i would never have dreamed of going into pre op good luck to you and hope to hear more of your success Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views