Hello everyone!! Its been too long!

Deejay
on 2/24/07 6:41 am - Sparks, NV
Hi guys!!! I know its been forever and I'm so sorry I don't check in regularly. I've got such a crazy life! My 5yr old triplets are in Kindergarten and I work full time plus some, hit the gym regularly and run a parenting/infertility site too! I just don't have time to wipe my butt anymore (I guess I better find time for that hu?) j/k! Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi, its so nice to see some of the same loyal faces that haven't left and are here sticking it out and working so hard. I applaud you all! Lets see, I've been very blessed to be successful with this surgery however it is so extremely hard to maintain (as you all know), trying not to gain is hard for me. In a weird way I think it was easier to lose then to maintain because once I reached goal, you get an immediate burst of satisfaction and a "completed" feeling that naturally the instinct of completing something is to stop the task you completed and if I stop that task, I'd gain it all back. I have to remind myself every minute of every day that no, I'm not done just because I reached a goal weight. I still struggle with my food decisions every meal and its so hard. I have found recently that one thing that does work well for me is if I have something that I shouldn't, a snack or treat that I shouldn't have....instead of getting all upset and feeling guilty over it, I turn it around and immediately work out or exercise and make it a treat that I EARNED instead of something I did wrong and feel guilty about. Its helped alot with feeling like a failure or someone that has no willpower. For the last 6 months now, I've found that my body seems happy within the same 3 lbs now. I range between 144-147 depending on the time of the month and it never changes to anything else. I love the 144 days and I hate the 147 days (usually the hag is here at that time). My plastics were a year ago last month and I'm very happy with everything except where my incision ends on both sides of my back from my tummy tuck, there are bulges of fat just under those spots and they aren't something I can target at the gym (how do you workout spots on your back?) So my surgeon said he could easily lipo them out in his office. So thats something I'm looking forward to this summer. I call them my back boobs. I don't know if I've told you guys but I've suffered for many years with back problems and in the last year I've been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease in 3 discs in my back which also have arthritis in them and they are also herniated (I'm 31yrs old) and I also have moderately pinched nerves in both my arms, entrapped at the elbow and I do computer work. In the last 6 months I've undergone 3 steroid epidural injections, 3 facet joint injections, 3 trigger point injections and none of them have done a thing to help my pain. I am prescribed narcotic pain killers which are the only thing that eases my pain somewhat but its there 24/7. I've seen a Neurosurgeon who does not want to operate on me because of my age and I'm a mother of 3 and very active and he'd have to do a 3 disc fusion and he won't do it right now. (not that I'd want to anyway, I'm too scared) I've had alot of issues mentally, dealing with this, wondering if I'll be living on pain killers all my life and how I'll be able to manage when I'm 50 when I can barely stand the pain when I wake up in the morning at 31. I'm scared and I struggle with it. I'm starting manual therapy next week with a new dr and i'm not sure what's involved but my dr said it does hurt a bit, so I'm not looking forward to that. Anyway, I wanted to tell Pamela how sorry I am to hear about your grandmother, my deepest sympathies. And I hope everyone is doing well, i've read a little bit and everyone seems to be doing good otherwise. Congratulations on your engagement Michelle! I promise I will try to get on more often and update! I miss you guys! See ya soon! Best wishes, Deejay 262/144
Deejay
on 3/2/07 12:23 pm - Sparks, NV
Hi Deejay! Long time, good to see ya here! well I guess that was a big ol update for nothin. Take care everyone.
Monna W.
on 3/4/07 12:16 pm - Susanville, CA
Deejay, So sorry about your back and joints. I can sympathize although my pain is in my hands, but like you nothing takes the pain away---just eases it a bit. Please know you are in my prayers. On a selfish note--who did your plastics? I am not really interested in extensive surgery--after all, I am almost 62 years old. But I do have an umbilical hernia that needs to be repaired and I figure that while they in there a panniculectomy should be an easy addition. I live in Susanville, so have to go somewhere for surgery, just as well be the Reno area. Monna
Deejay
on 3/5/07 8:25 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Monna, thanks for replying, I guess I've been away too long. My surgeon was wonderful, I highly recommend him. His name is Phillip Dahan, here is his contact info: http://www.liposite.com/surgeons_d/dahan/ I also saw your other post and how well your doing, no longer disabled is amazing! How wonderful for you. Congratulations on your ever improving health! If you decide to come here for surgery let me know! Take care, Deejay
Traci K.
on 4/11/07 7:49 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi Deejay I can relate to the busy life. I am mom to six (3 adults and 5, 6 & 8 year olds still at home). Life is very busy here too. Sounds like you're doing well and I like your work-out after you eat a less-than-best food choice. ;) Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views