My grandmother has pneumonia!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/07 12:07 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My grandmother, who's only 74 (not old by today's standards!) went into the hospital on Saturday with a relapse of pneumonia. She isn't responding to antibiotics, and has gotten WORSE since being treated. She also has cirrohsis of the liver, diabetes, and heart problems...and things are looking very grim. My daughter and I got to see her yesterday and she talked of normal things (such as whether or not I was pregnant yet!), and I am grateful for that. Anyway, I guess it's probably too late for anyone to pray for my grandmother...but maybe if you could send some prayers to my mother, because this will be very hard on her. She has to be strong for her kids and her siblings, but I know that inside it's tearing her apart. Thanks! Pamela
Monna W.
on 2/1/07 3:28 am - Susanville, CA
Pam, So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Pneumonia is terrible for anyone with an impaired immune system for any reason. I will pray for her, your mother and you. Monna
IrishIze
on 2/1/07 8:39 pm - NJ
Pamela - please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult it is to watch and wait while someone is so sick. Take care of yourself and your family and tell your Gram how much you love her..... Hugs, Nancy
us2bfat C.
on 2/4/07 10:18 pm - selden, NY
my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits