Healthy 1/22 thru 1/29

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/07 1:05 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Okay, last week pretty much sucked. I had only one or two good food days, and absolutely no exercise. I did use my pedometer a couple of days, only to discover I'm getting in less than 5000 steps. YIKES! My hysteroscopy and HSG revealed...NOTHING. There is no problem with my uterus. So now my RE wants to return to original protocol instead of switching to injectible drugs. I guess he figures it's going to happen sooner or later. Still, I'm waiting this month out. I sat down yesterday and made out a plan for this week. I have a menu in place, and I even have my physcial activity penned in. PENNED, not penciled...so I've gotta stick to it, right? So here's my plan... Breakfast is a protein shake. Lunch is a Healthy Choice meal. Dinner varies, of course. I have protein planned for each meal, and I tried to include non-starchy vegetables AND limit the amount of days we have pasta/rice. Exercise includes using the PS2 dance game twice, using my treadmill and lifting weights twice, and subjecting myself to a Richard Simmons video. Today's Weight: 225.4 I know some of it is water, but I can't use that as an excuse for the rest of the extra pounds. Almost 11 up...ugh. I wonder how much I could lose before summer. Unless I'm pregnant, of course. Cheers! Pamela
AngelFlyingHappy
on 1/22/07 1:21 am - Oxnard, CA
Pam: This is a new week for me too. With my wedding at the end of this year, plus I'm a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in July, its time to get busy. Nancy......you have inspired me. This is it, I have to start wedding dress shopping in the next couple of months, no way in heck am I buying a big girl dress. LOL My plan from now on is protein drinks for breakfast and lunch and a protein packed dinner at night. I'm like Nancy, I do better when I start off with protein drinks because its seems once I start eating, its tough to not want to snack. So I'm breaking the cycle. I'm also vowing to myself to go home and do a half hour on my glider and then do an exercise video with my exercise ball (one hour total), then lift weights after that with my finace'. So wish me luck, I'm really going to put my best effort into it. I keep telling myself I commited to this when I had surgery, I can continue and recommit myself. Have a good week. Everyone hang in there! Michelle
IrishIze
on 1/22/07 9:20 pm - NJ
Hi all, Pamela - it sounds like you have a plan and I know you can stick to it. I find the first day is the most difficult, then it becomes easier. Michelle - I felt the same way you feel - I am NOT going to let these cravings undo all the good the surgery did. I have to keep it in the forefront of my mind: I'm a cookie away from 280 lb. Nancy. Hey, regardless of what size gown you wear, you will be a BEAUTIFUL bride!! I'm a little disappointed in my weight - I was 173 on Saturday, then over the weekend I was good - but I had peanut butter and pretzels - more than I should have but not a whole bag or anything. One-half of a bag over 2 days and one small (3" high) jar of PB. Well, I was 176 yesterday morning. Hrumph - so easy to gain, so hard to lose. I was 176 again today and all I had yesterday was one protein shake, 2 medium meatballs and a protein bar. I also did 1.5 hours of tap dancing. Sigh... It's upsetting but I'm not going to give up. I just hate having to lose those same pounds over and over again. Like Irene and Monna suggested, I'm going to keep my menu simple and therefore not tempt myself with no-no foods. Hang in there ladies - we're in this together and we'll succeed together!!! Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/07 9:27 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Just an update. Two days in, two days perfect. I was at 1400 calories both days, but I did get in my exercise. Yesterday, I had nearly 7000 steps on my pedometer. Today I will try for more. One day at a time, right?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views