Down another pound and feeling GREAT!

IrishIze
on 1/18/07 10:53 pm - NJ
I weighed in this morning and I was 174 lbs.! Wow, that sure feels good. I'm down 14 lbs. from 188 on January 1. I feel so much better about EVERYTHING when I am in control of myself. Of course there are times I wish I had a cookie or a slice of pizza, but you know, when I eat the wrong things or pig out, I really don't enjoy it - I feel guilty and disappointed with myself. I think I get more enjoyment out of imagining what I'd like to eat! I still don't trust myself to eat solid food during the day. I have protein drinks and then have a meal around 8 PM. After that, the cravings kick in and I try to be prepared with a few whole grain pretzels or protein bar. So far it's working. Anyway, I've also been exercising every day - doing my WATP tapes again and I also have my tap dancing classes on Monday evenings. All in all, things are good in my little corner of the world. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 1/19/07 4:37 am - Oxnard, CA
Glad to hear you are doing so well, can you send a little bit of that my way????? Have a great one! Afraid to get on the scale!
Irene S.
on 1/19/07 6:26 am - NJ
Nancy, I'm happy for your progress! Keep it going! Late last spring I began exercising and kept it up through the early fall. When the weather changed, I quit all together and went into hibernation mode. I was also eating more. I was noticiing that I would flucuate from my lowest weight of 142 up as high as 148. Because it wasn't a steady number, I knew some of it was water weight, but I just couldn't fool myself that *all* of it was water weight... especially when I somehow *never* managed to see my lowest number of 142... It was tiime to make a change, so since the holidays, I too, have had to recommit to eating the way I should. I've really knocked it off with the excessive carbs. I am now down to a brand new all time low weight of 140. One of the things that's really helped me is that I try to have eating monotony. There have been a number of studies that show that the MORE choices we have with foods the more we overeat. So I eat a very spartan and boring diet... I don't try to tempt myself with much food variety - even things that would be allowed. I purposefully keep it boring so as to de-emphasize food. I make a huge pot of stew of some kind - that freezes well and use that as a staple dinner meal. I use protein bars, but have also used things like string cheese. if I need some chewing crunch, I use pork rinds, etc. and have used things like celery in the past. Boring food certainly doesn't make it so attractive that I'm overeating. I find that since I'm trying to work *with* myself and my natural reluctance/refusal to exercise in winter when it's cold, it's better to work from the food aspect to keep things in check rather that trying to force myself to do something that I JUST WON'T DO... I think trying to force that isn't likely to succeed at doing anything besides erode my self esteem by failure. I'm seeing that it's a cyclical pattern... Sometimes I can exercise, sometimes not - sometimes I can make great food choices, sometimes not. I guess this part of my journey is about learning how to manage maintenence and find some balance between eating and exercise. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Irene
Monna W.
on 1/20/07 2:28 am - Susanville, CA
So glad to hear you have lost another pound. Continue the good work. I agree that doing anything you can to de-emphasize food helps me stay on track. That is the reason I cannot track my food on FitDay or count calories. It causes me to obsess on food and that was my problem in the past. Boring food choices also help. Hang in there, Lady. You will get to your goal. Monna 389/202/159
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views