Happy Monday! Checking in

IrishIze
on 1/7/07 11:30 pm - NJ
Just checking in. I'm trying to make it part of my routine to post here - I hate to see the activity on the board die!! I did well over the weekend. I took advantage of the 70 degree weather here in the northeast and went for a long walk on Saturday. Also took down the Christmas decorations, etc. I'm still hanging in there at 179 - but that's OK. I lost 9 lbs. in the last six days and I know my body has to get adjusted before it will drop much more. I'm glad I'm out of the carby eating cycle. I can actually sit and watch TV and not be feeding my face the whole time like I felt compeled to last week. It's actually freeing. I start back to tap classes tonight and I'm really looking forwad to it, although I KNOW I'm kind of out of shape. How's everyone doing??? Hugs, Nancy
Mary M.
on 1/8/07 3:03 pm - Neverland, CA
Nancy, Happy to see that you are still hanging in there as we all are...I always say that I am one bite away from reverting back to 415 lbs. The holidays went well for me as far as eating although I did indulge in homemade pastries (the carb monster was calling my name). One day at a time keeps me pressing forward even on the days that I get off track. This Saturday I purchased my first bike in 29 years and I went riding on both Saturday and Sunday (ate-it both days too...). Both my children and I are enjoying these new experiences. Take care and keep posting!! Mary 415/154
Monna W.
on 1/11/07 8:12 am - Susanville, CA
I'm doing very well. The holidays went well with me--I dump on sweets so I ate very little pie or candy. I still feel so miserable when I overeat that I reallly try to avoid that, so I ate a small percentage of what I used to eat. I am very fortunate that most days food holds very little interest to me. I credit that to my psychotherapist I saw for 5 years. She helped me deal with my eating complulsion (by then my metabolism was so messed up it seemed impossible to lose weight). I still forget to eat until someone tells me it is mealtime. If I prepare the meal I don't want anything to do with it--such as eating it. I continue to have problems drinking enough water. 2 1/2 years post-op I am still losing weight, although very slowly. I have lost 30 lbs in the last year. I went shopping for a formal for an organization I belong to and could get a size 16 on, but 18 looked much better. I still am over 200 lbs but hope to get to the onederfuls by summer. My cardiologist tells me that I should continue losing weight since my heart surgery and that appears to be the case. I am so thankful for this surgery and skills of the surgeon who did my WLS. I would not alive today had I not found that wonderful man who agreed to perform the surgery. Now with my new mitral valve I plan to live to be 100. Monna 389/206/159
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views