Healthy 1/1 thru 1/7

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 5:35 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
New title. I don't know if anyone will post regularly, or even if I will. But I'm trying to take control of my life and shift the focus away from this whole infertility mess that I'm in. So far, so good. It's only been 2 days, and one of those days isn't even over yet. I'm making progress, though. This week, my goal is to be under 1800 calories. It's hard getting back on track, and I'm afraid if I cut the calories too low, I will end up being hungry and overeating. I intend to walk at least three times this week. I hope to gradually increase my walking time and eventually add weights back in. I've been using the whole "I'm trying to have a baby" thing as an excuse not to exercise, but in reality, that's really one of the biggest mistakes I can make. Mentally, I know I need to be back on my anti-depressant, so I need to get in touch with the doctor. Working with special needs students is quite stressful, and I haven't been handling it well. I've also had a tough time focusing on anything in my life that wasn't baby related. I need my life back, need my health back. So here I am. Pamela 352/221/150 lowest was 215
IrishIze
on 1/2/07 10:17 pm - NJ
I vowed to get back on track this new year. I never want to be back where I was, yet I was heading there - FAST. When I was on vacation at the end of the year, all I did was eat, eat, eat. It was awful and it was compulsive. I think it was all of the stress, my Mom's passing, and kids aggravation. I didn't weigh myself because I knew I was way past my 'I promise never to get past 180 lbs.' vow. When I finally weighed yesterday morning, I'm ashamed to say I was 187. I decided to do 2 days of liquids - Myoplex protein drinks, lots and lots of water, SF Jell-o and FF, low sodium chicken broth. I also decided to get up a few minutes earlier and start my day off with 30 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds. I was able to stick to the liquids plan yesterday and also have done the 30 minutes of exercise yesterday and today. I'm still planning on staying on liquids today. When I weighed this morning, I was down to 181, so I'm feeling very motivated. All I did yesterday was pee....but I'm figuring I'm getting rid of a lot of salt and toxins from my bad food choices. It's strange, but it's easier for me to just not eat solids than it is to eat and then stop. I'm hoping the couple of days of liquids will help break that weird cycle. Anyway, I feel better being back on board and doing the right thing. Eating the wrong things always makes me feel guilty, so I really don't even know why I do it. Another dilemma for the therapist.... Hope everyone has a great day!! Hugs, Nancy
sradcli74
on 1/2/07 10:52 pm
Happy New Year!!! I'm sad to be back at work, but also glad for the structure. During my extended break I only worked out twice! I got on the scale this morning and gained 4-6 pounds. My scale at home said 6 and the scale at the gym said 4. I resolved that my mini goal would be to reach 170 by March 1, 2007. Now I'm not so sure if I can do that. That would be a loss of 16-18 pounds over the next couple of months. I had the greatest intentions and the weight that I had been maintaining, I let it slip away from me. I know that will be hard work to lose those pounds! But I've still got to keep trying. I've got to start eating right, replacing the junk snacks with fruits and vegetables. Today is my first day back at work and it felt so good to get that work out in. I started to skip it, but convinced myself to go and I am glad that I did! I can't believe that people are still bringing holiday treats in to the office. Boy does this make it so hard, but I've avoided it for now. Wishing everyone all the best. Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views