been a long time

us2bfat C.
on 12/30/06 8:13 pm - selden, NY
hi everyone its been a long time but with good reason...one i was working my butt of litterally and two i had started interferon treatments for my liver last march...... the good thing is that it seems to be working but the bad about it is that im not looking well these days it seems the side effects are getting worse...... its like being on chemo... when i started my journey i got to my personal goal which was 140 after my surgery which took about 9 months ...... then i started the treatments and i lost another 20 lbs which i didnt feel i had to lose in the first place bringing me anywhere from 120 to 125... i never feel good anymore and right before xmas i lost my job.... im in constant pain with the medication and its probably better i dont work till the treatment is over........ i do have a few credit cards to pay off which is going to be an isisue and getting me depressed with no money coming in but as everything i do in my live this too shall pass.... i finally went for my 2 yr check up with the surgeon and found out that i have another hernia probably related to my job as a grocery deliverer.... so i now have to have surgery...... i guess this too shall pass....but with every thing going on i start to emotionally eat im still trying to stay to basics but for the most part if i put somthign in my mouth iss a miracle so i just do it ....... i really hope for a better 2007 as this year has been from hell..... i also wish all the july babies a happy and healthy new year and hope we can all stick to our resolutions .......... Stacy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/31/06 1:30 am - Oxnard, CA
Stacy: I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. I've never heard of what you are going though, but please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong, you can do it! I hope 2007 is a very healthy and happy year for you!!! Michelle
us2bfat C.
on 12/31/06 4:50 am - selden, NY
thanks michelle i pray as well... i have an appt with the plastic surgeon on wed so say a prayer that they will cover my tt that will make it all worth hit hahahahahha stacy
GailD
on 1/1/07 6:08 am - Racine, WI
Hi Stacy, Don't know if you'll remember me...I was on this message board all the time until about 6 months ago when life just got busy! Now I'm back and hoping to get back in touch with the July 04 babies. So sorry to hear you're having health problems. I remember you were starting to talk about your health issues before I stopped visiting the message board. So sorry you are feeling bad...but you still look great in your photos! I can't imagine living with constant pain...how much longer will you need to have treatments? I just had an incisional hernia repair in October...from my gastric bypass incision. It wasn't too bad...but I'm glad to have it over with. Otherwise, I'm pretty much maintaining my weight loss. I got down to 135 lbs. after the first year...then slowly gained 5 lbs. I've maintained 140 for over a year now, and I'm comfortable there. Take care of yourself, Stacy. I remember you always had a great attitude. Don't let that attitude slip...think positive...you can get through this! Gail D
us2bfat C.
on 1/1/07 8:39 am - selden, NY
i also had a hernia 6 months after the original bypass surgery now i have another but thats awesome that you are maintaing....keep it up i plan to go back to 140 once this poison is over stacy
IrishIze
on 1/2/07 1:33 am - NJ
Hi Stacy, Good to see you back, but sorry you're not feeling well and the job went away. Things have a way of working out, so do what you can to keep yourself as healthy as possible. My best friend's hubby is going through the same treatment and he's really feeling miserable too. He's got nine more shots to go, then a couple of weeks of pills before he's done. Hang in there Stacey, and hope to see you back soon! Hugs, Nancy
us2bfat C.
on 1/2/07 6:56 am - selden, NY
thanks nanc its been so long on this site what did they do to it?? hope all is well and ill talk to you soon Stacy
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 6:51 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Stacy, I'm so sorry that things aren't going very well for you right now. Life throws crazy things at us sometimes, and it's a wonder that we ever survive. I hope that you start feeling better soon and that you find a job that paid better than your last one with awesome benefits. Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views