Just dropping in to say "hello"....it's been a long time!

GailD
on 12/29/06 5:51 am - Racine, WI
I haven't visited OH for ages...just got caught up in life, I guess. I finally logged in today to see how my July 04 buddies are doing, and was glad to see some familiar faces and names! Looks like we're all struggling with the same issues of wondering if our tool is still working. I've been lucky and have only gained 5 lbs. since reaching my goal...so I'm at 140 now which is still very reasonable for me. I find that I often get very full, very fast...and other times I can eat and eat. Seems like I can eat a lot more carbs than anything else! Not good! What I'm struggling with right now is that I'm losing site of what it was like to be overweight...and I'm feeling like I've "got this in the bag". DANGER DANGER! In the past, whenever I started feeling ****y about my weight loss...I've always started to gain weight again. I haven't been exercizing like I should...and like I used to...although I talk about it all the time...I don't DO IT! Having this surgery was the best thing I've ever done for myself...and i don't want to lose site of that. I had an incisional hernia repair in October...but...no luck getting a tummy tuck thrown in. Oh well...at least I don't have the hernia bulge anymore! Don't be surprised if you see my hanging out here again...I need the support this group provides. Take care...and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Gail
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/31/06 1:07 am - Oxnard, CA
Gayle: Good to see you!! I'm so glad you stopped by. You know we all are struggling. I think it will be a struggle the rest of our lives. But as long as we stick together, we'll make it!!! I hope to see you posting more often!! Happy New Year!! Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 6:59 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Welcome back! I'm glad that you're doing well. It sounds like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders and you know where your problems are. Now just get in that exercise (do as I say, not as I do!)! Pamela
IrishIze
on 1/2/07 10:21 pm - NJ
Hi Gail! It's so nice to hear from you! It seems like we're all getting a bit complacent with our new weight and testing the waters. I'm realizing how dangerous that is, and trying to rein myself in before I go too far. Hope to see you around here more often - I really need my July babies!!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views