Once I eat...........I'm hungry

Tanja Y
on 12/27/06 6:40 pm - Wahiawa, HI
or I guess I should say munchie the rest of the day. But if I start out the day with water, vitamins then protein shake and don't eat, just continue to drink I never get hungry. But once I decide I better eat something, just because I know I should eat something.......then I find myself munching the rest of the day. But if I don't eat until dinner time, usually I'm fine. This is something I just don't understand! I know not eating messes up my bodies metabolism, but if I do eat, even if it's something healthy like chicken, I get an almost uncontrolerable urge to just stuff my face with whatever I can find. And if I eat something with more then a few carbs in it, the urge is three times higher. I know it's all in my head, but dang it's hard to resist! Does anyone else have this problem? My weight loss; or lack of here recently is due to this. Because to be honest, once I do start eating I just keep on. A bite of this, bite of that..........every hour I'm eating a bit of something; or so it seems. But I can also, and have; gone days doing no food, jus****er/protein shakes,decaf coffee and naturally my vitamins. Both scenarios are wrong. I just can't seem to find a happy medium and the doctors here are no help. Since we moved, I swear everytime I've gone to a doctor to ask a question or to even request blood work I've had to go into complete details about the surgery; some didn't know a single thing about gastric bypass or how to treat a post-op patient. Plus I no longer seem to dump. Heck even just a few months ago a bite or two of something sweet would have me sicker then a dog, shaking, sweating and eventually either vomiting, sleeping for a few hours or both. On Christmas I ate a slice of apple pie with no side effects at all. I just don't know what to do. I really really want to lose more weight before I start the plastic surgery process and at over 2 years out, I know any weight loss I do have will be me, not the surgery. Well some will be the surgery, but not like in the first year. ~Tanja
IrishIze
on 12/29/06 11:59 pm - NJ
Tanja - I've posted before that I experience exactly the same thing. Once I start to eat, I can't stop - it's a compulsion. I also have no side effects to sugar or over eating. I'm frantic. I have to diet the same way I did prior to surgery, and obviously, that was not a success. I also do OK if I just don't eat. I can drink protein shakes, but once I put solid food in my body, regardless of what it is, I am obsessed with shoving more food in for the rest of the day. I have gained about 12 lbs. I am planning to go back on liquids for a couple of days starting on Tuesday, then following a strict plan, but I'm afraid of the compulsion issue. If I can't control it I will make a visit to my surgeon and see what he says. I started going to a therapist with the main goal of working on my eating compulsion, but after three visits we haven't even discussed it. I have stopped my exercise routine, and I know that doesn't help either. I vow to begin again on Tuesday. Let me know if you find any way to work on the compulsion, and I'll do the same. Hugs, Nancy
Monna W.
on 12/30/06 4:18 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, I just hate to see you are having such issues with food. I am glad you are seeing a therapist. Try to remember that often we have to resolve various issues in our lives before we can address our food compulsions. I was in therapy for several years. Never once was my food compulsion directly addressed, but the issues in my life were worked on and I learned to cope with them. The eating compulsion then resolved itself. I continued to gain weight due to inability to exercise as much as I needed so I finally had WLS which saved my life. Hang in there. You are such a wonderful person and have traversed many problems, I am confident you will succeed. Monna
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/07 8:19 pm - fort worth, TX
Well,, we all seem to be on the same,,kick ,, i knew i shld come back to this board,my name is dana.. And i started at 265 only getting to 179 not even making the 100 marker,, to 165,, so i already fill like a failure.. now i'm back up to 209,, and still gaining,, what to do,, i started gym again only to stop,, i can eat anything again,,and i mean anything,, i drink now when i use to not drink i smoke cig now when before i didnt.. whats the deal,, but i cant stick to anything thats right for me,, i called the doctor's office today to mk an appt for a revisioning.. have u heard of that before,, and what exactly will be done,, will my insurance cover it.. if its having the surgery again,, i do it in a heart beat,,
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views