Post-op update

Monna W.
on 12/26/06 5:27 am - Susanville, CA
Hello everyone. I had my heart surgery (mitral valve replacement) on December 16 and came home on the 21st. The surgery was postponed for 2 days due to miscommunication between my doctors and me about some medications. Anyway, I was fixed on Saturday, back in my room from ICU Sunday afternoon and up to the bathroom totally independently Sunday night. After Sunday night the only pain medication I had was Tylenol. My surgeron said it was text-book perfect surgery. My husband tells me my color is better than he has seen it since our younger days. It will take about 6-8 weeks for my sternum to heal, but then I should be as good as new. I plan to go back to work (haven't worked in 4 years) by April 1. My "tool" is still keeping me honest. I vomit if I eat too much, and sugar still causes dumping sydrome most of the time. I am down to 18-20 pants and 14-16 blouse. For the first time since I was a child I received clothes for Christmas--they could buy them in a regular store and my daughter made me a pair of flannel loungepants. I was so thrilled. I had hoped to be below 200 by the first of the year, but I am retaining about 10 lbs. of fluid since my surgery. It is coming off, but very slowly. Hope everyone who celebrate Christmas had a wonderful day yesterday. To all the others, I sincerely hope you various celebrations have been joyful. Monna 389/206/160
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 6:55 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Monna, you're getting to be such a skinny-mini! I'm glad to hear that you are healing well and I hope that you feel 100% soon. Happy New Year! Pamela
sradcli74
on 1/2/07 10:36 pm
Hi Monna, Happy New Year! I'm glad to here that things are going well for you. Continue to take care of your self. Hugs, Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views