glad I am not alone

k29acosta
on 12/14/06 1:40 am - roseburg, OR
I had my surgery July 5, 2005 I am glad that I am not alone with the fear of gaining all my weight back. I know I need to work harder now and I find it hard to do so. If anyone has any words of encouragement or tips help me out please. Kimberly
sradcli74
on 12/14/06 5:16 am
Hi Kimberly, Welcome to the board. You are not alone, I am definitely afraid of gaining the weight back. Some days are good, some days not. But I think the best thing is to be aware of what you are doing and monitor yourself regularly. Which is what we try do do now on a weekly basis here on the board. If you haven't already try to get into a good exercie program. I just recently started one myself and I feel so great. I wish I had started the program sooner into my journey. Come and see us whenever you need to chat or blow off steam. Take Care and Visit Often Teah
IrishIze
on 12/16/06 12:32 pm - NJ
Hi Kimberly, Yes, I am afraid too. I am at the point where I can eat anything, and the amount of food I can eat is pretty scary. I have also gotten away from exercise, so last week I decided I will NOT go back to where I was. I'm enjoying my freedom too much - freedom to move without pain or being out of breath, freedom to buy clothes in 'regular' size, freedom to look at myself in the mirror and not hate myself. I refuse to go back there. All it takes is for me to say NO to myself when I get the impulse to eat the wrong foods or snack. All it takes is 30-60 minutes a day of exercise - not only to keep my shape, but to keep my good health. When I was exercising regularly, my blood pressure was the best it's ever been - and that's without meds. The last two times I've checked, the BP is creeping up there and I know it's because I haven't been exercising. We owe it to ourselves to be good to our bodies. When I'm doing the right thing, I feel so much better about myself. We have a fantastic support group here. I am planning on continuing to exercise and watch what I'm eating. It's a tough time of year, but hey, we're worth it! Hugs, Nancy
kobear
on 12/19/06 1:23 pm - mesa, AZ
Your definetly not alone. We moved to australia last Jan due to my hubbys job. I didnt realize how much my support group ment to me until I didnt have them. I have been on a platu for about a yr recently I gained a little boy did it make me think. I never want to be 348lbs again. I dont even like writing it. I have not made it under 200lbs but Im close and boy am going to do. Just remember your not alone. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views