MTL Week of 12/11

sradcli74
on 12/11/06 12:20 am
Hi Everyone, I hope you are making it through the holidays ok. I continue to amaze myself with this exercise thing. I tried something new last week - - the stair climber. I was always intimidated by those things in my prior life. But anyway I overcame my fear and decided to give it a whirl. Again, my fears overtook and I only tried the machine on level 1. Well today, I went for it, and worked out at level 4!!! I'm amazed at how easily I can move. I got on the scale 182. Its been two months and only 1 pound. But I have lost inches and this weekend I got all sorts of compliments from family that i had not seen in a couple of weeks. Maintaining is better than gaining. I also did much better with the grazing while at home. It helps that there are not many snacks in the house and I took the kids out for christmas pictures, which we never took, we stopped at my sisters and then never left. So we'll try again next week. But I also made a concious effort to exchange the chips for fruit. I'm working on it. Today we have a buffet of cheeses and crackers, fruit and all kind of chocolate covered snacks, including potato chips. I know I've got to be strong and not grab something everytime I walk by. I hope everyone has a great week. Teah
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/06 8:37 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, Teah, at leas you're down a pound. I bounce back and forth between 218 and 223...and I WAS 215 4 weeks ago. Soooo depressing! I haven't stuck to my plan faithfully, but I get about three or four good days a week, without exercise. It's just so hard, and I know I'm going to be one of those that finds herself back up to 300. I hope not, but sometimes it feels like that's the path I'm on. This whole baby thing has consumed me, and nothing else in my life seems to matter so much. Speaking of baby thing...don't know anything yet. No pregnancy symptoms, no PMS symptoms. In a state of limbo, I guess. I should know something by Friday, one way or the other. I already goofed up Sunday and Monday this week. I have a menu planned for the rest of the week for dinner, so that will help me stay on track a little better. I put all the goodies I made for Christmas Eve into the freezer downstairs, and I'm generally too lazy to go down there...out of sight, out of mind, right> Have a great week! Pamela
sradcli74
on 12/11/06 11:05 pm
Hi Pamela, I'm sorry you feel that way, . Things will work out both with the baby and the wls. I strongly believe that if you think negative thoughts they will come to pass. Focus on the things you are doing right and try to do more of that. Remember that you are not only getting healthy for yourself but for the baby as well. Take Care and keep us updated. Teah
jewelcrown
on 12/11/06 9:18 pm
Hey Teah! I'm so proud of you!!! I've been missing in action. Having a great time though. My weight, well... I've stabilized at 219! Not bad considering this time last year I was 232! I wear a size 16, so I've lost inches too. I've come to terms with my weight. I've looked at some of my old pictures and I am proud of myself. I'm getting so much attention from men, I don't know how to act. I am dating one special guy. I'm thinking about following your lead and going to Vegas! We've talked about it, but I'm too gunshy. I'm just getting used to all the attention. At 326 lbs., I wasn't at the forefront of anybody's vision, beyond blocking the view!! Anyway... hope you have a wonderful holiday and I'll be checking in more often. I've missed the MTL gang! Hugs! Denise
sradcli74
on 12/11/06 11:10 pm
Hey Denise, AHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the weight, attention, on the special guy and the marriage proposal!!!!!!! Its good to hear from you and to know that things are going good. You should be very proud of yourself, we've all come a very long way!!! Things are so exicting for you now, I'm ecstatic for you. Yes, please do check in more often with us, we miss you tons! If we don't "see" you again before the holidays are over, Happy Christmas and Merry New Year! XXXOOO Teah
on my W.
on 12/12/06 5:27 am - Canada
Wow...we do have an exciting board.....awaiting pregnancies...new men.....travel.....lots of wonderful things in everyone's life and I bet 2007 is the year for many of these things to come to fruition......we have come so far and we are all so close to our goals......we will reach them together...I just feel it....I like that there are a few more posts to the board lately...we need to keep it going with good news...bad news...or no news at all.......just post and I will try and do the same.. On a different note....I broke right down and got off the plan last night and had french fries of all things.....the pain was so bad....and it lasted almost 90 minutes....I know better but I didn't feel the discomfort until I had put quite a few in.....back on program today......oh...yes I topped it off with a piece of homemade fudge too.....what was I thinking.......anyway...hugs to all... Karen 299 - 156- 149 for the new year I hope.
sradcli74
on 12/12/06 10:14 pm
Hi Karen, Thanks for all the positive energy you are sending our way. Our board does have lots of exciting things going. I feel the same, that 2007 will be a year of exciting and wonderful discoveries for all of us, I can't wait. Don't worry about the one bad day you had, the good thing is that you got back on the program. Happy Holidays, Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views