Hello to all....

on my W.
on 11/30/06 2:40 am - Canada
Well I posted yesterday in response to Pamela and I think I will post again today....I have gone back to liquids and although it is hard I know it is the best to give me a pre Chirstmas jump start. I am not going near the scale because my head tells me there is no way I can be up...but if I get on the scale and I am not down as much as I think...I will feel disappointed to I am staying away. Hope everyone has a great day. I took a day from work as a "me day" and just rested and did a little xmas wrapping and dealt with a low grade headache. It is a well deserved day off. Hugs to all.... Karen
Irene S.
on 11/30/06 11:25 pm - NJ
Glad you posted! I have been having my struggle with 5 lbs. Beginning in the Spring, I walked 5-7 days a week, sometimes for more than an hour, plus did some strength training exercise 3 days a week. Then the cold weather hit! I've slowly dropped the workouts... First it was the walking, then I'd skip a few workouts. Then I stopped going to the gym and instead worked out at home... eventually didn't even do that.... No wonder I'm up 5 lbs! More importantly I haven't been feeling as well as I was with the exercise... One day at work I had a pounding headache and asked my boss to take my BP and it was high. Scary to think that I could end up back on BP meds! Don't want to go there again... So I've had to make a decision that I NEED to take care of me. And exercise will have to be part of that. This week, I got up and walked 3 out of 4 mornings. I will be slowly working back into exercise. I want to feel better. Little by little I'm sure I will - and so will you, Karen. Hang in there with the liquids. Doing ANYTHING is better than doing nothing. Every little bit helps. I hope you enjoyed your day off! Irene
on my W.
on 12/1/06 11:02 am - Canada
I sure did enjoy the day off. You got it right when you suggested we need to take care of ourselves. After all we have been through....we still need reminders that we must put our health first. I am terrible with exercise...always starting with a fury and then ending up with a fizzle.....I need to get back on the treadmill. No excuses. Have a great day Irene. Karen
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/06 9:22 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
No matter how hard I try, I can't get back on track. There is NO WAY I could ever go back to liquids...How do you do it?????
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views