update

Monna W.
on 11/23/06 5:43 am - Susanville, CA
Hi everyone, Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving and not eating too much. We will celebrate Sunday when everyone can be together. I am scheduled for my heart surgery (mitral valve replacement) on December 14. I will be home for Christmas. It is open-heart surgery, but is quite common place any more. I have had 2 heart caths within the past 3 weeks and it was discovered that my valve is much worse than previously believed. I am so tired all the time and the least exertion exhausts me and makes me very short of breath. I will be in Sequoia Hospital in Redwood City, CA (in the San Francisco Bay area). I am still losing 29 months out from WLS. My cardiologist tells me that I will lose more after my valve repair. I had really hoped to be in the onederfuls by the new year. Just might make it. I now have 47 lbs to lose to my goal. I can't remember when I was less than 50 lbs. overweight. My daughter is investigating lap-band surgery. She just can't seem to lose her weight and feels the gastric bypass is too drastic for her. Her wake up call came when she applied for life insurance and she had to pay a higher rate because of her BMI. Monna 389/206/159
Deejay
on 11/24/06 8:20 am - Sparks, NV
good luck with your heart surgery Monna, you will be in my prayers. Nice to know you'll be home for christmas and have more energy when its over. Good luck and take care! Deejay
sradcli74
on 11/27/06 2:50 am
Hi Monna, Its good to "hear" from you!!! I am doing well. I hope the surgery goes well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care Teah
IrishIze
on 11/27/06 9:09 pm - NJ
Hi Monna my friend!! Boy it's good to hear from you and you look MAH-VELOUS!!!!! I will be thinking of you on December 14 - that was my Mom's birthday. I know everything will work out fine and you will feel so much better afterwards. You are a superstar, Monna - shining bright!!! Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views