MTL TURKEY WEEK

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/06 5:06 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm just going to post this one MTL thread, as I know everyone is going to be busy. My plan for the week calls for extreme willpower at work. Tomorrow, we're having a Thanksgiving potluck. There will be turkey, of course, and too many side dishes and deserts to count. I hope to avoid any of the appetizer-type foods, and I know that too much sugar will have me dumping...not good when I have to work with kids! Usually the homemade side dishes aren't very good, so I hope to keep my indulgence to a minimum. The lousy thing is that the food will be in the lounge until it's gone, which means Wednesday. On top of that, we're giving a pizza party in our class on Wednesday because the kids met their reading goals. Thanksgiving at my house will be a small affair. I am making the traditional dishes...stuffing, potatoes, green been casserole, rolls, and a pecan pie with a turkey breast roast. I'm only cooking for 3, so I'm planning to cut the side dishes in half so that there aren't so many leftovers. Exercise this week...I REALLY need to commit myself to it...on a permanent basis. Why is it so hard? I'm doing fine in the water and vitamin departments. I hope everyone has a great holiday! Pamela
sradcli74
on 11/19/06 10:48 pm
Hi Pamela, I can relate to everything about the holiday. Thank goodness that I am not hosting. I am bringing a couple of dishes to my sister's for the holiday and the only thing I plan to take home is turkey breast, for my friday turkey salad. When we go to dinner, I'm filling up on the vegetable trays. At least that's my plan. I've got one day of exercise under my belt. I plan to go tomorrow, but since I won't be at work, I've really got to make myself do something at home. Maybe I will pull the gazalle out or do a Taebo tape, that's been collecting dust for the past 5 or so years. It is hard to get moving, I know from personal experience. I think my mindset changed when I went for my 2 year and was the exact same weight. The scale still is not moving, but I do notice my clothes fit a lot better. Have a great Turkey Week!! Teah
IrishIze
on 11/20/06 1:27 am - NJ
Turkey dinner will be at my niece's house. I'm bringing mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole. I'm going to try and concentrate on the turkey and just taste the other stuff. I'm also going to try and avoid sugar entirely because lately it's been making me so sick - terrible abdominal bloating and unbelieveable gas. It's actually so miserable that it's finally a deterrent! This week I'm going to try and stay on the liquids during the day and a high protein meal in the evenings. Lately I've been eating Graham crackers and (uh-oh) snacking on Cheetos... Got to get them out of the house..... I'm going to my last tap class tonight until it resumes in January. I've also been learning Cape Breton style Celtic step dancing, so that's great exercise too. I'll be stopping by the board every day just to help keep myself in check... Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving week! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 11/21/06 4:56 am - Oxnard, CA
HI ya girls! We are having two Thanksgiving celebrations because my sweetie has to work. So we are going to my parents and I'll bring the pies. Then I'll cook a turkey for us at home. We LOVE turkey left overs. This time of year is just plain hard. It's so totally focused around eating. Argh!!!! My plan is the same as everyone's stuff myself with turkey and maybe a nibble of the other stuff. Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views