MTL Wednesday

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/06 8:01 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
A new day! B: english muffin L: microwave meal D: chili S: ?? Exercise: 15 walking Have a good one... Pamela
sradcli74
on 11/7/06 10:41 pm
You are right about it being a new day!!!! I'm glad to see some activity back here on the board. I sense a renewed commitment, does anyone else sense that as well? I feel like we will all be successful. I got my exercise in...I worked up a sweat today, I increased my pace on the elliptical, same resistance level. But I only burned about 20 extra calories, I don't get it. So easy to put the calories on but hard as heck to take them off. Today was an arm day as well, so I did some strength training on those bat wings, my chest and back. I've also noticed my back changing, I'm not sure what they are called, but I noticed that my back fat, the rolls just under the bra line, are nearly non existent!!!!!!! I feel energized and great. So I'm riding the motivation and taking whatever benefits I can get from exercise. I'm still worried about the scale not moving, but I also like the changes I see. My fitness center is having a raffle to keep people exercising through the holidays. For Christmas, they are giving away 12 prizes, you just have to exercise 30 minutes to get a raffle ticket. I'm not sure what they are giving for thanksgiving, but again a 30 minute workout gains you a raffle ticket. I'm excited and plan to exercise so I can be entered in each raffle, they are giving away great prizes like ipods and mp3 players. I had another aha moment this morning when I sat down at my desk, my stomach no longer bulges out like it did before. I'm not having my protein drink today, I forgot to put them in the fridge last night. So when I get home tonight, in the fridge they go. I have a question for everyone, what do you do to stop the grazing? Today, Breakfast Turkey Sausage 2 Waffle Sticks Lunch Turkey Burger Greens Dinner Chicken Salad Snacks Apple Chex Mix Teah
curlysue92
on 11/7/06 11:36 pm - Demopolis, AL
It is so hard to stop the grazing. I do really good Monday through Friday when I am at work because I keep a bottle of water in my hands and I drink, drink, drink all day long. By the end of the day, I have drunk at least six 16.9 oz bottles and I don't even think about grazing. When I get home, it is a different story. I really do good some days, but here lately I am really having a hard time. I guess I need to keep continuing drinking the water even when I get home. It is just easier at work.
IrishIze
on 11/8/06 10:27 pm - NJ
I also have a tendency to graze, so what I have started to do is keep a small bottle of Listerine at my desk. When I feel like I want to eat, I take some and hold it in my mouth, swi**** around a bit and then spit it out. It kind of helps because I don't really want to eat afterwards. Hugs, Nancy
IrishIze
on 11/7/06 10:52 pm - NJ
You're right Pamela - a new day! I did well yesterday - lost another pound which puts me at 177. I still would like to lose 12 more pounds, so I hope and pray that I can stay strong. I stayed pretty close to my plan yesterday, but ate about a cup of Cheerios (but I did resist a dessert of apple crisp and whipped cream!). I'm going to continue on with the protein drinks during the day - that doesn't seem to trigger the 'eat-everything-in-sight' mechanism, but I'm still getting in some nutrition. Here's the plan for today: B: EAS AdvantEdge protein drink L: ditto D: turkey meatloaf and cauliflower S: Atkins carmel fudge protein bar & WW Flakes & Fiber cereal (if necessary) Totals: Calories: 580 Carbs: 26 Protein: 68 I'll probably end up eating two pieces of meatloaf or another protein bar to up the calories and protein - I just like to plan low. I'm going to practice my tap and step dancing a few times today, and probably do a WATP tape tonight. Have a GREAT day everyone!!!! BTW, it's SO GREAT to see everyone back on the board. (Oh, Michelle....where are y-o-o-o-o-u???? ) Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 11/9/06 1:09 am - Oxnard, CA
Aww someone missed me! The past week has been the busiest week at my office so I didn't have much time to post. But I'm here today Ms. Nancy, so great to see you back!!!
curlysue92
on 11/7/06 11:31 pm - Demopolis, AL
B: 2 low carb sausage, egg & cheese muffins (1 carb for both!) L: 1 baked pork chop with 2 spoons of rutabega (sp?) (3 carbs) D: Beef and cabbage (4 carbs) S: low carb cheese cake (3 carbs) I will probably have a protein shake before bed. If I have that, it will be 3 more carbs for the calorie countdown milk I make it with. Excercise: I walked 50 minutes this morning and hopefully I can make myself ride the bycicle this evening. I have been "slacking" on the evening excericise. My weight loss is at a stall right now and I am so discouraged!!! I went completely off my diet around Halloween for about 5 days and GAINED 7 WHOLE POUNDS in that short amount of time!! However, I got right back on track and I have now lost the 7 back. --It is so hard!! I came real close from buying some ginger snap cookies in the deli section of the grocery store yesterday. I went as far as taking them all the way up front and then I made myself put them on a shelf at the last minute. I really wanted those cookies. --but they are my enemy!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views