Subscribing??

IrishIze
on 11/6/06 11:06 pm - NJ
Has anyone set themselves up for a subscription to the forum by clicking the little 'subscribe' button above? I set my subscription to send me daily activity on the July 2004 message board, but I have never received anything. Has anyone else tried this and had a problem - or tried it and had success? I've also noticed that my user name on the main board is different from my user name on the July 2004 message board. Very weird..... Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 11/7/06 2:47 am
okay... i'm an airhead... where's the 'subscribe' button???
IrishIze
on 11/7/06 3:30 am - NJ
Click on Message Board < (in the list on the left). Then on top of the board you'll see three rectangles: "Post" "Subscribe" and "Recent".
Traci K.
on 11/7/06 5:25 am - Sullivan, MO
I believe the subscription is only for replies to your own posts, not to any and all posts on the forum. Traci
IrishIze
on 11/7/06 9:35 pm - NJ
They do give you the option to have replies to your own posts sent to your mailbox, but this also gives you this option: "Selecting an Email Digest will enable the system to send you a summary of all activity on the messageboard either on a daily or weekly basis. If you would rather not receive these summaries, just select "none". Selecting "Rich Text" as your Digest Format will enable the system to format your Daily/Weekly Digests in a manner similar to a web page for ease of navigation. This will result in somewhat larger-sized emails. Selecting "Plain Text" will result in smaller emails at the expense of formatting." I clicked on 'daily' and 'rich text' and clicked 'save' last week, but so far nothing (and I KNOW there's been activity on this board!! N.
IrishIze
on 11/8/06 9:02 pm - NJ
I emailed the help desk yesterday and got a response saying that the subscribe function isn't working and they don't think it will ever work. I also asked about having one user name on the main board and another on the July 2004 forum. They said that's the way it is: older boards will keep older user names and we have the option of using either our new user name or old on the main board. This is kind of weird website sometimes.... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views