Bowel Obstruction?

sradcli74
on 10/26/06 4:07 am
Hi Everyone, What are the symptoms of a bowel obstruction? I've been having cramps in my abdomen area all day. Earlier this week, I felt an urge like I had diahrrea but nothing happened. Now I feel constipated and my stomach is bloated. If I don't feel any better, I'm going to the hospital after work. Thanks, Teah
Irene S.
on 10/26/06 4:28 am - NJ
Bowel obstructions or internal hernias are usually accompanied by severe abdominal pain. Beyond mere cramping. If you haven't had a bowel movement, and have cramping, it's probably constipation. BUT!!! If you have any questions at all, you should contact your surgeon (this is the best choice - since they are familiar with the complication of wls INCLUDING constipation) or go to the ER - if you want to go to the ER try to get someone that's familiar with wls. Hope you feel better! Irene
IrishIze
on 10/26/06 5:53 am - NJ
I don't know if obstruction would come on quickly. Could it be gas? Or sugar alcohols? If I eat even a small amount of sugar alcohols I get terrible, painful gas. Do you think maybe you pulled something exercising???? Feel better soon and let us know how you're doing..... Hugs, Nancy
IrishIze
on 10/30/06 11:59 pm - NJ
Teah - how did you make out? Are you feeling better? Hugs, Nancy
sradcli74
on 10/31/06 4:30 am
Hi Nancy, I'm doing fine. It was just a case of really bad consitpation. I ended up taking a bottle of magnesium citrate. But it took nearly eight hours before anything moved. So I guess I was really backed up. But I'm fine now, I've been making sure to get in extra veggies and lots and lots of water to keep things moving along. How are you these days? Any luck on getting back into your exercise habit? I was thinking about following the Biggest Loser weight plan, but I decided to hold off until the first of the year to see how I do with just adding in exercise. They seem to get such great results on that show, but then again all they do is workout all day. I don't want to make things too complicated and then cause myself to fall off. So I decided that i'm going to just focus on ensuring that I get in 3-5 days of workouts and try my best to make good food choices throughout the holiday season. Take Care, Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views