Hi Everyone

Marcy B.
on 10/19/06 2:37 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Hi All_ Its been ages since I have posted anything. Since April it has been very very hectic here. I have had three surgeries since April. One to determine what the problem was the other was to fix the problem ( an encarcerated bowel- entangled in an umbical hernia), and the third was to re-open the incision to remove a hematoma. I have walked around with a wound vac machine tethered to my body for the past two months. I am finally free of it, and hopeful that this will be the last of it for me. Oddly enough this had NOTHING to do with my gastric bypass surgery, yet everyone is weighin in the the matter assuming that was the problem. I am not a major success with the GBS- since I haven't lost all of my excess weight. I lost all totalled about 100lbs and give or take a few that is were I sit. Up until now I have been ok with my food, but not involved in any movement. - especially not these past 7 or 8 months of being sick. Lately it seems that I am always hungry, and everything looks good to me. So I am trying to get myself on track because I am terrified that I could blow it at any time. But I am thankful that I had the surgery to begin with, because God only knows with what I have been through how large I would have gotten without it. Anyway, just checking in to say hi...and see how everyone else is doing. Marcy
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/06 10:47 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Marcy, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems. It's unfair that people automatically assume that your WLS is the cause of your illness. I imagine that it must feel like an attack of sorts. Don't feel too bad about not losing all your weight. There are a lot more of us struggling than you would think. When you read the message boards, the majority of people have done well...BUT the REAL MAJORITY of people shy away from the boards because they feel like they're failures. I have 65lbs to go before I reach my goal of 150. However, my husband figures I should have plastic surgery when I reach 170...he doesn't want me to be TOO skinny! As if we could afford plastics... Try not to focus so much on the scale. Let it be your guide, but remember that what really matters most is having your life back. Numbers don't equal success...happiness is what counts. Hang in there! Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views