Shocking News from the Nutritionist!!!

jewelcrown
on 10/10/06 6:53 am
Hey MTL family: I just go back from the nutritionist and was told I need to eat carbs with every meal. I need to eat 6 mini meals a day. Throw out the protein drinks and chew! At over 2 years post op, I need to have a more balanced meal plan to get the rest of my weight off. Here's my new breakdown: Calories: 1200 Fat: 40 grams Protein: 60 grams Carbs: 150 grams (shocking!) I'll be back on the MTL train tomorrow with my new balanced nutrition goals. Now I really believe I can do this, with a baked potato in hand!! Hugs! Denise
AngelFlyingHappy
on 10/11/06 2:02 am - Oxnard, CA
Denise: My surgeon's protocol has always been to eat carbs. They have said that we should always try to eat our protein, not drink it. Their theory was eat your protein first, then have a few bites of whatever else you want. My surgeon always said, if I wanted you to do low-carb, I would've told you to go on a low-carb diet and not have surgery. They stressed normal eating with portion control. As statistics show, people who lose a lot of weight on a low-carb lifestyle, rarely keep it off. I have heard a lot in the news lately that they suggest mini meals to keep your metabolism working. That's what Janet Jackson did and she lost 60 pounds in just a few months. So glad you are back, have missed you!!!! Michelle
Duval Diva
on 10/11/06 3:12 am - JACKSONVILLE, FL
Oh my goodness you mean there is hope for me to loose weight because i had gave up
jewelcrown
on 10/15/06 4:32 am
curlysue92
on 10/11/06 4:01 am - Demopolis, AL
I guess every doctor is different. My doc told me that if I eat all the protein that I am supposed to eat in one day, then I wouldn't have any room for any carbs. --That doesn't mean that I can't eat them, but I shouldn't be able to eat much. I have been low carb dieting. I started at 348 pounds and I am now down to 189. (I am 5'9"). I just recently lost 12 pounds. I am over 2 years post op and just since last year, I have lost a total of 42 pounds. I got on the scales this morning and lost another pound (I was 190 lbs.). --However, everybody is different. I sure hope you do well with your diet. I wish you the best. ...and a baked potato sure sounds nice!!!!!!!!
sradcli74
on 10/13/06 3:00 am
Hi Denise, Long time no see!!! Did the nutritionist explain why you should eat carbs at each meal? That's great news and it gives your meals a lot more variety and you something to look forward to. And why did she/he say thow out the protein drinks? I've got some great news as well. I started an exercise program. Four days this week. I've been at a stable weight for over a year and the doctor said the only way I'm gonna lose more is to get my butt moving, so that's what I did. I just pray that I have the perserverance to stick with it. Good luck with the new eating plan!!! I wish you much success. Teah
jewelcrown
on 10/15/06 4:26 am
Hey Teah: Well the nutritionist felt that I keep failing on my plan because there's not enough substance in my pouch to keep it full. Carbs fill the pouch and sustains that full feeling longer. Protein drinks just past right through. This far out we should be getting all our protein from solid sources that allow us to enjoy the chewing process. Sad part is, I really enjoy the protein drinks. I mentally cannot control the white carbs, so I'm opting to use carbs from fruits and vegetables. I am too much of a carb addict to sustain the white stuff!! I have two cases of protien drinks left, I'm going to drink them!!! Congrats on your exercise regime... I'm proud of you!!!
sradcli74
on 10/16/06 12:59 am
Thanks, Good Luck to you. That's great news about the carbs. Now as you said the key is making the right choices regarding carbs. I know you can do it and i'll be rooting and cheering you on. Take Care Teah
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views