sad news for me

Monna W.
on 9/25/06 9:03 am - Susanville, CA
Can't believe no one posted over the weekend. Hopefully it was because everyone was having too much fun. Two weeks ago I had a test so my cardiologist could get a good look at my mitral valve regurgitation. She sent my results to a thoracic surgeon whom she trusts. He and she agree that it is time to have my mitral valve replaced (damaged partly due to phen-fen). I am actually more afraid to have the surgery than not to. I have until November 2 to make any kind of decision. I know what my decision will be, but it is not my first choice. On a brighter note--Saturday night was a special event at Job's Daughters and all the Council members had to wear formals. I had not had mine on since May. It fell off the shoulders and I had to pin it to stay up (no other formal). I told my daughter that she'd better watch out because I would be stealing hers--I was joking. Later that night I tried hers on and it fit very well--even a little roomy. I was thoroughly jazzed. Good thoughts to all. Monna
Lovin2cu
on 9/25/06 10:50 am - southbridge, MA
Hi Mona, Best wishes and hopes for the best are coming your way for sure! I hope you feel confident in all your decisions and that you feel confident enough in your Doc's to know which descision is best. That's also great that you fit into your daughter's dress! Isn't that GREAT when that happens???? Keep up the good work!! Love, Lisa 380/281/200ish
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/06 9:38 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Monna, things will be okay. You'll get your new valve and be raring to go soon after. It's amazing what medicine has done for the human body...try not to worry so much. You'll be in my thoughts... Pamela
IrishIze
on 9/25/06 9:51 pm - NJ
Monna, my friend, what a difficult decision to make. I sometimes think the only way we grow is to face our fears and put our faith in the hands of someone other than ourselves. Easy to say, difficult to actually do. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and whatever your decision, I hope you are as comfortable as possible with it. Please keep in touch and let us know what your plans are....you know you have a real cheering section here!! How cool that you are still the 'incredible shrinking woman'!! Every now and again I'll try something on and it won't be as tight, but I haven't had a moment with clothes that don't actually fit in a L-O-N-G time.... (I'm working on it though! ) Hang in there Monna!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views