--Don't be discouraged....

curlysue92
on 9/18/06 12:59 am - Demopolis, AL
I know each and every one of us are struggling, whether we are struggling to lose those last 30 or so pounds or struggling to keep our weight at goal. I am 5'9" and I started at 348 lbs. I was 2 years post op as of July 22th. As of this morning, I weigh 190 lbs. My goal is to be at 170 lbs. I have 20 more to go. The last 10 lbs I lost, I just recently lost in the last 3 weeks. I got tired of the scales yo-yo-ing back and forth. I would lose a pound or two and then gain it back. This went on for about 7 months. So, I went on a low carb diet and started drinking 7-8 16.9 oz. bottles of water a day. It is hard to drink that much water, but I keep the top off and keep the bottle in my hand and turn it up constantly. The low carb diet is really the hardest the first 3 days. If you can make it 3 days, you won't even crave any kind of bad carbs after that. I can find myself eating alot these days. I am still the same person and I love food more than ever before. I am the type of person that I can look up recipes on the internet for hours and hours if I could. I have been trying low carb casserole dishes and different things like that. I will try to post some of them when I can because they are really good. Also, I got all of those clothes off my my excercise bike at my house and wiped off the dust. I get on it every evening and ride it for 45 min. to an hour. I actually hate sitting there stationary like that for that long starring at the wall, however, I found a certain technique that makes me not want to get off at all. I started reading books. I am not a "book reader" kind of person, but I went to a flea market and bought some Stephen King and John Grisham books. I can't seem to put them down. I only allow myself to read when I am on that bike. If I am at a really good part of the book, I have to keep riding in order to keep reading. Sometimes I find myself riding for over an hour and It didn't even seem like it. I also get up every morning at least 30 minutes earlier than before and go outside and walk. --Also, one more thing..... I quit snacking. I only eat 3 meals a day (that is probably the hardest thing) and I drink water, water, water in between. However, at night I do allow myself after supper and before bed (when I am watching t.v.) to have a protein milkshake. I put some carb countdown milk in the blender, ice cubes, scoop of Isopure vanilla shake, vanilla flavoring or a spoon of peanutbutter and mix it all up. --It is a great evening snack.We all need to motivate each other. I read everybody's post and see each and everyone of us struggling. It is hard, I know. If we can keep each other motivated and post some of our "techniques" that are motivating us, maybe it can help somebody else. I sure hope I have helped somebody today.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/18/06 2:18 am - Oxnard, CA
You have helped. Thank you so much for posting that very positive and motivating post! Today is the first day of my recommitment to myself. I am choosing to no longer be the person who lets my food addiction rule my life. I hope that you will post and share more, it definitely helps me!! Michelle
curlysue92
on 9/18/06 11:23 pm - Demopolis, AL
I am glad I have helped. I will try to post more often. I read the boards daily, but hardly ever post. I really thought I needed to post because a lot of us feel the same and we can really help each other. Nobody understands except all of us who are going through the same thing. I can't really talk to my friends or co-workers because they don't understand.
Lovin2cu
on 9/19/06 9:30 am - southbridge, MA
You have helped tremendously! I am glad that you are so motivated. As I have mentioned before, sometimes the motivation is the hardest part of the battle! Keep up the good work. I still struggle with the hunger too, but I am trying. Food will always be an issue, whether a good one or a bad one, in my life. Thanks again for a great post! Love, Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views