MTL Sunday (9/17)....

jewelcrown
on 9/16/06 9:53 pm
Good morning July babies... I'm struggling. I need to get control of my eating. I plan to detox today. All liquids AchievOne, Crystal Lite, sugar free popsicles and maybe even chicken broth. The scale is moving the wrong way again. My goal is to get under 200 by Christmas. I can't do this binging. I don't know what's going on in my head but this has got to stop. Maybe it's because I've scheduled an appointment with the nutritionist in October; maybe it's because I'm turning 50 on Friday; maybe it's because I'm stressing out over my finances; maybe it's because I'm stressing out over the admission process for getting my daughter into a college prep high school next year. The process is brutal and competitive. Anyway you slice it. I've got to get it under control, and that includes exercising more than once per day. So here's to me winning the battle in my head and pushing away from the table. I can do this. I know I can. Hugs! Denise
Mary M.
on 9/17/06 12:28 am - Neverland, CA
Denise, You can get a hold of this beast and tame it.....one common theme I noted in your post is stress = eating. Do not allow your emotions to control you...I know easier said then done...been there done that myself . What I do when I get that urge to eat out of control is to get away from food. I either call a friend to talk about my stress, leave the house (go for a walk, go to the gym, go window shopping) anything that will elevate the urge to reach out to food for comfort. Ya, Mary M.
Lovin2cu
on 9/17/06 4:08 am - southbridge, MA
Hi Mary, The motivation to get going is the hardest accomplishment of the whole process I feel. This time what motivated me, is a new friend who started working at the bank with us in April. I had been complaining about how upset I was gaining weight and that if weight loss surgery didn't work, what would, etc. She said to me some time in mid July, "I have a proposition for you" and we started working out at her house. She also has some to loose, but about 40 lbs. or so. She has the AB cruncher, a treadmill, rower, weight*****hing bags, etc. I also do leg lifts, and do a 3 mile walk at least once a week that has lots of up and down hills. My scale was reading "EE" which meant that I was over 300 again. I cannot beleive the motivation I have and how good I am doing. I didn't even try this hard to loose the 10% before surgery. Today I am 281. If I could give you anything, it would be the will and motivation. I wish you lots and lots of luck and well wishes are being sent your way. Lisa
jewelcrown
on 9/17/06 11:08 am
Traci K.
on 9/17/06 4:54 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi everyone This is about day 4 or 5 for me where I can't hardly eat anything. I'm not feeling particularly bad or sick. My usual level of tired - nothing more than usual. Nothing sounds good to eat. Every time I try to eat, I can usually only take a few bites and I feel like I'm going to get sick. No pain or anything. It's odd. So I'm trying to take in mostly protein and not much else until this passes. Anyone else have anything like this happen - where you just don't feel like eating? Traci
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 10:39 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Denise, sometimes it is just so hard to get back on track and stay there. I don't know if it's because we've gotten bored with the daily grind of keeping track of our eating and exercising or if those food demons are winning the battle. Maybe it's a little of both. Maybe it's time for us all to re-evaluate our plans. It seems to me that we tend to keep coming back to the same plans that we've tried a million times before...protein shakes, tilapia for breakfast, snacks labeled "carb control." Maybe we could take this week to review what we've been doing and see if there's some way that we can improve. It could be joining a weight loss group, either online or in person...just to re-spark our motivation. Maybe it's hiring a personal trainer to actually push us to work harder than we really do. Maybe it's trying out one of those OTHER diet plans that we haven't used in a while...Zone, Atkins, calorie-counting, sugar-busting...something that our body isn't used to. Anyway...I don't know...I don't have the answers. It just seems to me that what we've been doing isn't working. We're all stressed and frustrated by this, and it totally sucks. Pamela
jewelcrown
on 9/17/06 11:14 am
Hey Pamela! I agree with you. My menu is rather boring. My hope is that the nutritionist can put me on the right path of the best lifelong plan I can sustain. The sad part is, I can't get in to see her until mid October! My hope is to meet with the nutritionist monthly. I'm doing well with exercise... it's just my eating... especially stress eating... I need a hobby. I read about one woman who said she was okay as long as she kept her hands busy, so she start crocheting! I may try that. I don't know. Anyway... I won't give up. I'll whine and complain for a minute and dust myself off and try again. I know the minute I give up completely, I'll be 326 or more in a heartbeat!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views