Update on Mom....

IrishIze
on 9/15/06 2:39 am - NJ
Thanks so much to everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. We haven't really had good news as far as my Mom is concerned. From the CAT scan the surgeon says she believes (they are awaiting results of a biopsy) that it is colon cancer that has spread. I'm surprised because my mom has always gone for her colonoscopies, etc. She said the CAT scan looks awful and at this point, agrees with us that we will not put her through any surgeries as the cancer seems to be advanced and the anesthesia will only make the dementia worse. We'll have the biopsy results on Monday or Tuesday and then confer with an oncologist. I imagine she will be referred for hospice care at home - the surgeon gives her best estimate that the cancer is end stage. I guess if the prognosis is terminal, then my best wish for my mother is that she remains comfortable and that she goes quickly and peacefully in her own home. Your continued thoughts and prayers are so very much appreciated... Love you all.... Nancy
jewelcrown
on 9/15/06 4:04 am
Thinking of you and your family... continued prayers.... Denise
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/15/06 6:28 am - Oxnard, CA
Nancy.... Cotinued prayers for your and your family sweets. Take care, I know this is not easy. Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 2:05 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy, I am very sorry that this is happening to your mother and family. I hope that your mother will suffer no pain and will be surrounded by everyone she loves. I'll keep you in my thoughts... Pamela
Lovin2cu
on 9/17/06 3:56 am - southbridge, MA
Nancy, What a brave and heartfelt way of looking at and dealing with your mom's battle. I am so sorry that you and your family have to watch any kind of suffering she might do. You are in my thoughts. I would want to do anything that makes her pain free and the most comfortable as you all are doing. God Bless, feel peace and comfort. Love, Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views