Thoughts and Prayers needed...

IrishIze
on 9/13/06 11:45 pm - NJ
My mom has not been well for the past year or so. First of all, she has ever-worsening dementia which makes life very hard for my dad, who is her sole caregiver (aside from what I can do to help). She has also had lots of gastro problems and tests galore that never gave any definitive answers. Yesterday she had terrible stomach pain, and uncontrollable diarrhea. My dad called me at work, very upset and I rushed over. We decided to call an ambulance because she was so weak she could hardly move her at all. Long story short, they did an abdominal CAT scan and the nurse practitioner pulled me down the hall and told me they found a mass - 99% sure it's cancer and it has spread already. I didn't want to tell my dad at the hospital, so I called my sister and she met us at his house. When I told him, he said he figured it had to be something like that - she's lost so much weight and is so weak and frail. We're waiting to talk to the doctors today and I think my dad and my sister are all on the same page as far as not putting her through any surgery....just making sure she's comfortable and has dignity. Please keep not only my mom, but my dad and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks. Hugs, Nancy
Mary M.
on 9/13/06 11:48 pm - Neverland, CA
Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. Mary M.
IrishIze
on 9/14/06 12:06 am - NJ
Thanks Mare - I'm still trying to process it. I can't wait to talk to the doctor so we have a better idea of things. My mom is 81 and of course I've always known this day was going to come, but I guess you can never really be prepared. We'll have to take it a day at a time...
Irene S.
on 9/14/06 1:05 am - NJ
Hi Nancy, I'll keep all of you in my prayers at this difficult time. I lost my MIL to colon cancer, and I have a good friend with stage IV breast cancer. If you need to talk, feel free. Big hugs, Irene
Traci K.
on 9/14/06 1:26 am - Sullivan, MO
I'm so sorry Nancy. I'll be praying for all of you. Traci
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/14/06 3:23 am - Oxnard, CA
HI sweetie... I am so sorry you have to go through this. You know I lost my mom to cancer just 1 1/2 years ago. You are never prepared for it no matter what. I still miss my mom terribly and have trouble believing she is gone. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless...... Michelle
jewelcrown
on 9/14/06 5:08 am
Hey Nancy: Lifting up prayers for your Mom's comfort and your family's strength and peace during this difficult time. Hugs! Denise
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/06 12:09 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy, I am so sorry that your mom is sick and that your family is going through this. I will keep your family in my thoughts. Remember, we're all here for you! Pamela
Lovin2cu
on 9/14/06 12:17 pm - southbridge, MA
Hi Nancy, I am so sorry to hear of your family woes at this time. My husband's mom is also not doing well in the hospital with several stomach masses found and kidney failure. We have decided to not operate and also take comfort measures as she has a slew of other health problems. I pray for peace in your family and comfort in knowing that you are doing the best you can. May you find strength in this difficult time. Love, Lisa
Janette
on 9/14/06 1:41 pm - Peoria, AZ
Nancy....so so sorry to hear this about your mom! You,your mom,dad and all your family will be in my prayers and thoughts... Hugs Janette
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views