Hi everyone, do you remember me?

Lovin2cu
on 9/13/06 10:03 pm - southbridge, MA
I haven't posted in a year or so. I went into surgery weighing 360 and only got down to 283, then gained back 20lbs. I considered myself a failure. I am now back on track in the last 8 weeks and am down to 281. I was never able to eat what I could before, but there were times I could definately finish 2 helpings. And, I was choosing the wrong foods. My co-worker, who happens to have turned out to be a very good friend, has a lot of equipment at her house and said one day we should work out 3 times a week. I have never been so motivated, even to loose the 10% before surgery. It's amazing how the surgery kicks back in, I really beleive my stomache went back down to right after surgery size. When I don't work out, I am doing a 3.1 mile walk. It is up steep hills and down, and takes me about 50-60 mins. to do. I hope everyone is doing well. My BMI goal according to my height is 164, but I am shooting for 200-197, which at 197 I am no longer qualified to get surgery even with co-morbidities. I just thought I would update. More on family updates later! I hope to hear from a lot of you. Your friend and "July Sister" Lisa
IrishIze
on 9/14/06 12:21 am - NJ
Hi Lisa!! Woo Hoo, great for you!!! What a great message of encouragement for those of us who are struggling to lose that last 50 or that last 5 lbs. I love this July babies family - they have always been a constant source of support - I hope you'lll stick around!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/14/06 3:25 am - Oxnard, CA
Hi Lisa! I'm so glad to see you posting. Congratulations on your recommitment to yourself. WE all struggle and I have had some minor weight gain too, but am losing again. Hang in there, we can do it!!! Michelle
jewelcrown
on 9/14/06 7:03 am
Hi Lisa!! I do remember you... Thanks so much for posting a "ray of hope." As you've probably read from my many many boohoo posts... I'm struggling... I almost feel like there's some self-sabotage going... I stick to plan for awhile then I fall off big time. I know what I need to do, the struggle is just doing it! Thanks again for posting... Hope you'll check in with the July Babies on a regular basis. Hugs! Denise
Lovin2cu
on 9/14/06 12:13 pm - southbridge, MA
Thank you everyone for being so nice and replying. It does feel so much better to be on track. It always makes me wonder why we fall off track when we feel so much better when we eat right and exercise. I will continue to check the boards, I miss all my old friends!! Health & Happiness... Lisa in MA
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/06 12:18 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Lisa, now that you're back on the heatlhy eating and exersice routine, how about joining the rest of us for a bit of mental health, too? I think this whole WLS thing would have been SOOOO much harder if I didn't stick around the July forum as I have. Not only is this a great place to discuss the weight loss end of things, but it is also a great place to unload some of that emotional baggage that affects that weight loss. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for a while now, and this group is what has been keeping me sane and "kind of" on track. At least, I'm not gaining, right? I am glad that you were able to take control of your healthy routine...that is such a difficult task! I admire your ability to make a plan and plunge right into it, ESPECIALLY that exercise. Pamela
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views