Still losing?

Towanda Strong3
on 9/13/06 8:04 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Hi July 04 folks. I don't frequent the July 04 forum very often, but thought I would share some thoughts with you all. I have maintained for a long time that I would continue to lose after that 18 month period. I figured that if I kept on with my food plan along with regular exercise... it would keep coming off. AND IT HAS. Much much slower than the first 6 months, but still I am losing at 26 months+. I thought I would share that with anyone who feels that it is not possible to continue to lose after that cutoff time we are warned about. In recent months I have worked really hard at making exercise a part of my life. I do believe this is the main reason I continue to lose and a factor that will help me long-term keep the weight off. Towanda Strong
IrishIze
on 9/14/06 12:23 am - NJ
Wow, how cool is it that we've heard from two July babies telling us that it's still possible to lose weight!! Congratulations on your success!!! Thanks Towanda for sharing your story with us - please stay keep in touch - we love our July baby family!!!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/14/06 3:24 am - Oxnard, CA
Thank you so much for dropping buy to give us some encouragement. It is greatly appreciated!!!! Congrats on your success!!! Michelle
jewelcrown
on 9/14/06 7:10 am
Hi Towanda!! This is so encouraging and so timely... I think the "More to Lose" gang was struggling. We all struggle, but most times... it is not at the same time. Lately... all the regulars have had a tough time. Your post means so much... Hugs! Denise
Towanda Strong3
on 9/14/06 8:05 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Was wondering what MTL was! I do believe that we can continue to bring our bodies back to health. It just takes lots of commitment and consistancy. I have learned many things over the past couple of years... about myself and about how to live life without abusing food and my body. One being that this surgery is a tool... and just that. A wonderful tool that kick started my weight loss and gave me a chance to get results from my efforts at eating right and exercising regularly. What I have come to believe stronger and stronger as time goes by... is this... I need to put in my part to make the tool work. And by doing that... I DO get good results. A strong and lean body. Teamwork. That's what it's about for me. Teamwork with the professionals I still see post op. Teamwork with my body. Prime. We ALL can do this... TOGETHER. T.
Siouxsie Rodriguez
on 9/16/06 1:42 am - Temescal Valley, CA
I'm TOTALLY struggling! WS has stopped and I would like to drop 20+ pounds
Towanda Strong3
on 9/16/06 10:15 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Well... first off think of this as a bump... not a end. or perhaps a time to make a change to continue on the journey. Don't give up on your body just yet. There are so many helpful resources out there for us. Here are a few of my favorites. Dr. Terry Simpson's site. Lots of good info... check this book out http://www.obesitydr.com/fundamentals_book/intro.htm Kaye Bailey also has compiled tons of helpful stuff on her site. http://www.lifeafterwls.com/ A site that helps one come back to their body. Check out the OASIS link to the right on this site. http://www.consciouseating.com/ Even this far out...consider trying some of these things. Consult a nutritionist to help you make a NEW plan for eating and exercising. See a cognitive therapist... perhaps there are habits you are unaware of that may be keeping you from losing those last pounds. Stay positive. Get enough sleep. DON'T GIVE UP! Hope this helps. Towanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views