MTL Tuesday

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/06 9:34 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Yesterday had me at 1600 calories, no exercise, all vitamins and water. If I could just cut out that late evening snacking, I'd do so much better. Unfortunately, the stress doesn't go away, and now I'm not sleeping again. I'm so exhausted! My job has me on pins and needles, not only because of the demands the classroom teacher places on me, but also now because a parent is asking me whether or not her son is being picked on by the teacher (the answer to that is yes). Anything I say is eventually going to get back to her, and even though I really like this person outside of school, I'm having a really tough time facing her in class. I tried talking to her about the stess the other day, but she disregarded it. Talked to my brother-in-law last night. He sounds and feels better, but he's still freaked out about the possible hole in his heart. They are also checking him for blood clots, just to rule them out. My teeth are coming out Friday. I've never even had a cavity, so I'm pretty nervous about this. Apparently, my wisdom teeth are causing bone loss in a couple of places because I can't clean them properly (do you know how hard it is to reach back there?). Surgery is supposed to be very easy, according to the surgeon, and they will knock me out completely...so maybe surgery will also be short. And financial issues? I'm buried beneath doctor's bills as it is, and this surgery wants the money up front. On top of that, we had to use credit cards this summer to pay for that new A/C, furnace, water heater, and washing machine. Drowning in debt...it's the American way! We're able to make our payments okay, but it sure would be nice to actually be able to sink a paycheck into savings...you know what I mean? Doesn't it seem like all I do these days is complain? Why can't I just be happy to be alive and look at stress as a positive force, not as a negative? And then you guys get stuck reading it...you probably think I'm such a whiner! And really, I guess I am Here's today's menu: B: english muffin L: sandwich, cottage cheese, crackers D: mac&cheese with hotdog (not the best, but kiddo wants it) S: ? Exercise: ? Have a good day, if I haven't dragged you down too much! Pamela
jewelcrown
on 9/11/06 10:21 pm
Hey Pamela! I know you what you mean... There's always some obstacle to get over. We do get over it, but it isn't always easy!! I don't have a good plan today. I'm in a mood. I'll shake it, but I'm in a pity box mood today. I did exercise at the pool this morning. However, today is Tuesday which means free Panera (St. Louis Bread Company) bagel day! For the past few weeks, I've been avoiding the table. Today, I dived right in!! Cinnamon, raisin, sugar bagel. Yup.. I said sugar! Naturally, I'm now sleepy and I have to go to work! This too shall pass... Hang in there... Denise
IrishIze
on 9/11/06 10:47 pm - NJ
I guess we're all in a funk. I did pretty well yesterday until about 7 PM. I was going to have my second protein bar, and an old friend called. I was on the phone for about 90 minutes and I got so hungry - I ended up picking at pretzels, then added some cream cheese to them. I also noshed on a little piece (and I really mean little) of my son's Domino thin crust pizza. That stuff kind of set me off - I sometimes feel if I make one mistake the rest of the day is shot; dopey way to think, I know - I wanted to eat more. I downed a whole bottle of water and ate some shrimp, so that wasn't too bad. All I can do at this point is keep plugging away and keep on trying. I walked yesterday but it was sooooo windy I only stayed out about 20 minutes. Practiced my tap last night for a bit too. I haven't weighed, but I think I have to be realistic and figure I won't be 169 in time for my trip to Boston on Saturday.... Hanging in there.... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views