MTL - Saturday 9/2

IrishIze
on 9/2/06 5:13 am - NJ
I did well yesterday, although it was a struggle. As I've posted, I'm on vacation from work and not going anywhere - just hanging around using up a lot of vacation time I have. The weather in NJ is awful today - remnants of Ernesto so it's rainy and really windy. Anyway - the more time I have on my hands the more I think about eating, so I'm trying to keep myself occupied. My vacuum wasn't working so well, so I took the whole thing apart and put it back together again . It still didn't work, so I did it again and finally found the problem and fixed it!! That kept me busy for a few hours, so yesterday was a success. I'm doing pretty much of the same today ~ cleaning out closets, etc. I can't believe it's 3 PM already and all I've had is a protein drink, a cup of coffee and I'm starting on my second bottle of water. I was 169 this morning!! Whoopie - in the 160's! Now I have to maintain and fight the urge to reward myself by bingeing. That means only six pounds to my goal of 163. Once I reach that I just might push myself to a goal of 159. Here's the plan for today: B: Actually got up late and wasn't too hungry L: EAS AdvantEdge protein drink D: doing a bit of clean up - some turkey chili, some turkey Sloppy Joe, some lettuce and sliced tomato Snacks: pb filled pretzels (a little treat), WW Flakes & Fiber cereal or protein bar if necessary. Hugs to all and have a great holiday weekend, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/06 6:15 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
No plan today, either. Weekends are never good for me. Ok...going to update this whole baby thing here, because that's what I tend to do. Kind of like an online journal, I guess. Follow-up hysteroscopy revealed a "perfect" uterus, and I can TTC with my next cycle. That's the good news. The bad news is that I did not have a fibroid, but something called adenomyosis (endometriosis within the uterus). In my case, it appears that the adenomyosis presented itself as a single tumor called an adenomyoma. It is quite rare to have just the one tumor...most women tend to have their entire uterine wall filled with adenomyosis. My surgeon THINKS that I was lucky and just had the one problem, although he did warn that I might have problems later on that might require a hysterectomy. My HSG, sonohistogram, and manual exam did not reveal an enlarged or mishapen uterus which is typical of adenomyosis. I also never had the problems that women with adenomyosis had...my symptoms were typical of a fibroid. SOOOO...as it stands, I don't really know if I am actually cured (which can happen if it's just one adenomyoma) or if there's more lurking somewhere they we haven't uncovered and that it will have a negative impact on my fertility. However, he DID say that my uterus was perfect...so I take that to mean that as far as he can tell, it's a good environment for a baby. God, I hope so! So now I have to wait until I get pregnant and deliver a baby before I can stop panicking. I was in hysterics last night because everything I read was all BAD, BAD, BAD. But I found two support groups dealing specifically with this issue, and there are women having babies all over the place. Ok...so that's where I'm at. Please don't mind me if I freak out each and every day. Writing is therapeutic for me, even if it means the rest of you get sick of reading Pamela full of IV water
IrishIze
on 9/2/06 8:46 am - NJ
Pamela - I'm glad it seems that all systems are go! I had very serious endometriosis and with the help of Clomid for the first, I was able to conceive twice (and that's all I tried). The second was a complete surprise, so please don't ever give up hope. It's also really important to RELAX - I know; easy for me to say..... I'm looking forward to the day that you announce to us that there will be a new July Baby baby! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views