Home from complication surgery!!

Janette
on 8/31/06 12:46 pm - Peoria, AZ
I got home last Fri. noc. Had surgery on Mon. Boy what a trip. Prior I had told of all the pain, nausea etc I was having. I had a scope by a GI Dr. who id'd 2 holes in my pouch as normal. Re: took copies of numerous tests to orginal bypass surgeon who coped me and id's as ulceradted fistula. He did open surgery on me and said I was a MESS. There was tissue, inflamed, necrotic etc grown into my pouch, intestines, old stomach and space inbetween, He had to remove more intestine, the orginal pouch, clean all the growth from between the 2 stomachs and remove part of old stomach and rebuild everything inc. giving me a new and hopefully improved new pouch. I am now a July 04 baby and I guess kinda of an Aug. 06 baby. He put in a g-tube into my stomach for tube formula feedings as I can barely take anything in the pouch and am very malnourished, Not that the above was not bad enough the pain continued to get worse and Dr had me go to ER and CT scan showed fluid buildup and large hematoma(blood clot). Than...I have been running as high as 103 temp but i must say today is the best day I have had to date. Just thought I would give all an update of my last couple months roller coaster ride. Janette RNY 7-13-04 and 8-21-06 363 /122 and barely holding - 241lbs
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/06 8:38 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am sorry that you had such a rough time. Do they know why everything went bad, or just one of those frea****urences? Did they get the blood clot dissolved? Hopefully you will soon be feeling better and can focus on stregthening your body and sucking down as many calories as you possibly can so that you can remain healthy. Pamela
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/1/06 1:58 am - Oxnard, CA
Janette: I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I hope that all your troubles will soon be behind you! Stay strong and please take it easy and get well. Michelle
IrishIze
on 9/1/06 2:36 am - NJ
Oh Janette - I'm SO glad to hear from you!! I've been thinking about you so much and I was so worried!! I'm sorry you had such a rough time, but let's hope today is the beginning of feeling better and better every day, and getting to a place where you feel 'normal'. You've been through a lot, so be sure to get lots of rest and take good care of yourself. I hope you'll check in often - we miss you when you're not around!! Sending cheerful, healing thoughts and a great BIG HUG!! Love ya! Nancy
on my W.
on 9/1/06 10:45 am - Canada
My goodness you have been through so much but it does look like a fresh start is in the cards. All the best to you....thank goodness you actual had this surgery to clean everything up.....have a restful weekend. Hugs, Karen
Deejay
on 9/7/06 10:21 am - Sparks, NV
Janette!!! my go****s so good to see your post! My computer crapped out and I had to get a new one so this is the first time I've been on since before you went in for your surgery. I pray pray pray that what they did will get you back to where you need to be medically. What an ordeal you've been through and I'm so happy to hear you had a good day the day you posted this. I see that its been a week now since you posted that, I hope its only gotten better each day. Please update when you can, I think of you often and pray for you too. Hugs, Deejay
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views