To carb or not to carb!!!!

on my W.
on 8/31/06 7:56 am - Canada
Yes that is the question....I am still off the carbs and back down to 160 as of today and have introduced other foods like salad..but I am staying away from the carbs.....I know if I start I will never stop. I know I could polish off a peanut butter sandwich with no problem....some people can't eat bread but boy I can put toast down like there is no tomorrow so I need to be careful.....I will eventually have to start some small portions but maybe I will go as long as I can...the first few days are the worst and my coffee really helps. Plus being busy at work (preparing for school next Tuesday) has been a help to me this week. I really need to reach goal....mentally I think more than physically. Hugs to all.....only 11 pounds to goal but I have been here before and couldn't hold so here's praying this time I can keep going.... Have a blessed Friday everyone.... I am so excited to be going back into the classroom...I am one of these crazy high school teachers that just loves my job so hopefully the excitement of seeing all the kids next week will be enough to take my mind off food for a few weeks to break old habits..... Karen.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/1/06 2:00 am - Oxnard, CA
Karen: You are doing great. I'm like you, bread doesn't bother me a bit, goes down just fine. I am trying very hard to limit my intake of it. I ate half of a bagel today as we had a breakfast meeting at work. I'm like you I need to get to my goal. I've had some regain of about 10 pounds and that is just unacceptable to me. The doctor says that is normal, but I haven't reached my goal yet so I don't want to be normal. So hang in there, your doing great. Michelle
IrishIze
on 9/1/06 2:46 am - NJ
Hi Karen, Boy oh, boy - you are preaching to the choir on the carb issue. I have been off them since Monday (although I do have to have my 12 Thin & Light pretzels every day). It's tough - they are always calling to me. I have been drinking two cups of coffee a day and it helps me too. I try and stay liquids during the day and eat a high protein meal in the evening because I have a problem with once I start eating, not being able to stop. I bought some EAS AdvantEdge Carb Contol shakes, and I hope they'll fill me up a bit. They're 100 calories, 15g protein and 3 carbs. I could even add some protein powder to them. With me it's trying to keep busy too. I'm off from wor****il next Wednesday and it's tough for me when I'm home. My goal is to get down to 163 at this point. I was 171 this morning - so it's a matter of 8 lbs. I remember when I was 280 lbs, if I dieted I could lose that in a week ~ not so any more!! Every pound is a struggle! Well, there's power in numbers, so if we stick together, we can ALL reach our goals!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views