MTL Monday

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/06 10:20 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
The salt has caught up with me. I'm up 5 lbs. I will drink a ton of water the next few days and get rid of it all. Hopefully by Friday morning, I'll be down to 216, although I have another hysteroscopy that day, and will retain water from the IV for a week after that. Now, for something disturbing....There is a little girl, 10 years old, who lives at the end of the street. My daughter JUST started playing with her last week. We found out yesterday that sometimes her mom works the overnight shift at Jack-in-the-Box, and the girl stays home alone. It's not that her mom is out partying...it's that the restaurant doesn't care what kind of desperate situation people are in because all they're worried about is their profit. Anyway, when we heard that, we didn't know what to do. As a temporary measure, we are letting the girl sleep here. We hope that this lady's work schedule will get fixed. BUT, we have a life of our own that we have to live...we can't be responsible for everyone else's problems. I just didn't feel right reporting it to authorities, because it IS such a desperate situation that they have little control over. What really makes me sick is that at least 2 sets of neighbors knew about this and did nothing. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Here's my plan for today. B: english muffin L: chicken sandwich, cottage cheese, crackers D: chicken fajitas S: not sure Exercise: I commit to 15 minutes (did 35 yesterday!) Have a good day! Pamela -135 on a good day
IrishIze
on 8/28/06 12:41 am - NJ
Oh dear, Pamela, that is a difficult situation. First off let me say that you are a WONDERFUL neighbor to help out like you are. At the moment, you have stress in your life with your health/plans to get pregnant, and I hope this doesn't add too much to your already full plate. I wonder if there are any local agencies that might help with this situation. Is this a second job for the mom, or is she home during the day? If it's not a second job, maybe she should find a job during the day while her daughter is in school (of course that is the obvious solution...). I hope it all gets worked out quickly for all of you. No real plan today - hoping to call and find a therapist that I can start going to. Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 8/28/06 8:03 am
Hi Pamela! I don't have a good suggestion for your situation beyond brainstorming with the parent some options. You may need to give the parent a sense that you want to help her make other arrangments as you can't accommodate the arrangement long term. As far as eating... I was running late today, so I didn't have a good plan in place and I fell into the quick eating trap. I ate polish dog and bun today, of all things! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hope you had a great day!! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views