MTL Friday

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/06 9:39 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Thank goodness the weekend is here! I did pretty well yesterday. Dinner didn't go as planned, as I decided I was too lazy to cook. My husband and daughter chose Steak 'n Shake. I stared the at the menu a very long time and nearly started crying because none of the options looked healthy. Can you believe that? Who cries because there's too much junk food??? I wound up choosing a grilled chicken breast sandwich, cottage cheese, and vegetable soup. I still need to look up those calorie amounts for an accurate figure. Of course, there must have been too much salt in the food, because I'm puffy and up one pound today. Excuses, excuses! B: oatmeal L: not sure...probably another microwave meal D: again, not sure. I'm babysitting my niece and nephew overnight, and I'm guessing my SIL will give us money to go to McDonald's or get a pizza. I think McD's would be the better option...at least they have salad! Exercise: maybe walk around the block a while at SIL's with the kiddos At any rate, I think it's really weird that I'm getting upset over NOT having healthy options, and really, it seems almost easier NOT to eat. I hope I can get to 200 by the time I get pregnant! Oh, and my exercise still sucks. Pamela
IrishIze
on 8/25/06 12:14 am - NJ
Hi Pam, Hey, I know how you feel about healthy choices. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter what I eat, because the moment I put something in my mouth, I start thinking of what I can have next.... Oh well, I'm still plugging away. Strangely enough, yesterday I had no appetite. All I ate was 1/2 of a protein bar, 1/2 scoop of Unjury in lemonade, and 5 mini meatballs with 3 little mozzarella balls. I did take a 30 minute walk. We'll see what today brings. I'm feeling a bit of an appetite, so I'm going to take Denise's advice and if I absolutely have to 'binge' it will be on protein bars (I bought a bunch) and other good choices. I'm really going to try and avoid sweets and white carbs. It's raining, so any exercise I do will have to be inside. Hugs, Nancy 172
jewelcrown
on 8/25/06 12:48 am
Good morning MTL gang! Yesterday was good eatingwise... I'm still strugging exercise wise though. The pool reopens the day after Labor Day. I've got to get it in gear... that's too far away. I did get up and did Pilates this monring. My plan for today is rather loose. My ultimate goal is to stay away from white carbs and sugar... Here's my tentative plan: Breakfast: Tilapia Applesauce Snack: AchievOne Lunch: ????? eating out with a colleague hopefully a salad with protein Snack: AchievOne Dinner: Steak Collard Greens Snack: Sugar free popsicles Exercise: 25 minutes Pilates - DONE! 60 minutes walking Nutrition: Don't know yet... Have a great day... will definitely be online the weekend. Hugs! Denise We can do this!!
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/25/06 2:34 am - Oxnard, CA
Thank you everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!!! My birthday was great!! And over all I ate pretty good. Here is today's plan: B: one bite of a donut and threw it away, so proud of myself. I almost slipped but I stopped! L: Something grilled D: Probably grill some burgers or something. I'm in my not very hungry phase today. So who knows. LOL
IrishIze
on 8/25/06 10:54 am - NJ
Michelle ~ on tossing the donut!! I think every time we make a conscious decision like that we grow ~ even if it's just a teeny bit. I guess maybe we're the hard core food junkies who will always struggle a bit....I'm so glad we have each other!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views