Checking in

Monna W.
on 8/24/06 3:50 am - Susanville, CA
Hi Gang, Haven't posted for a while. Sorry to read about Janette, but happy for pinelope. My broken wrist has healed without problems, but my foot is still bum--doc said it might take 10-12 months to heal completely. Am having issues with my INR (a measurement of bleeding time) and having to change dosages of Coumadin often. I was stable for a long time, but now it is just out of whack. On a real positive note, I am still losing--down to 211. Got into a size 18/20 pants this mornint, but still a little snug. For blouses and tops I now wear 14/16. This is all beyond my wildest hopes. Every time I look in the mirror, I still have to take a second look, because I do not recognize myself. Hope everyone is doing well and still glad they had WLS surgery. Monna 389/211/159
IrishIze
on 8/25/06 12:03 am - NJ
Well hello there stranger!! Boy have I missed your posts! It's so nice to hear from you and wonderful to hear that you're still losing. Hey, maybe you could help out your struggling sisters and tell us what you do that helps you continue to lose. I'm sorry to hear about about the health issues, and hope that things resolve themselves soon. Please check in with us as often as you can!! Hugs, Nancy
Monna W.
on 8/26/06 4:46 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, It is very interesting that I have been losing consistently since I stopped posting everyday. I know that is a help for many people, but it let me compulse about food again. I hardly ever think about food and find I have to force myself to eat to stay healthy. I am hardly ever hungry--maybe once a month--so I have to schedule meals. This is such a change for me from my pre-WLS days. I have not been able to exercise because of my foot, but that is about to change. I am just glad I am continuing to lose--I am now only extremely overweight. 12 more pounds and I will weigh less than I did when I graduated high school. I can stand straight, look down and see my feet. Who would have thunk? I am so happy that I had the surgery. I have a life!!!! Monna
Mary M.
on 8/26/06 2:59 am - Neverland, CA
Sweet Monna, I have missed your posts so glad to hear that most things are going well with you...sorry that your foot is still being a bother. I am down to 159lbs and getting ready for my first rounds of plastics, second round is scheduled for December. I completed my graduate work at the beginning of August and formal graduation is scheduled for the 21st of September and surgery for the 25th. Take care, Mary 415/159
Monna W.
on 8/26/06 4:57 am - Susanville, CA
Mary, Congratulations on your graduation and completion of your Master's. I know when recived my MSN, I felt so proud of myself. I was the oldest in my class and they all wanted to know why I was beginning that program at my age. I told them I wasn't ever going to be any younger!!!! Anyway, Congrats!!!! I envy your upcoming plastics. I am on Medicare and will have a hard time finding a surgeon that will do all I need for what Medicare reimburses. Also, I have way too many medical problems to undergo elective surgery again. I hope to at least get my umbilical hernia repaired and at the same time have a panniculectomy. But I have to get to a stable weight first. Best of luck on your surgery and prayers are with you. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views