MTL Thursday

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/06 9:24 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Good day in terms of calories, not in terms of exercise, and CERTAINLY not in terms of emotional state. As much as I love my job and working with these special ed children, I am extremely frustrated with the main teacher of this classroom. I'm doing 75% of the work, and she gets paid nearly 4 times as much as I do. I am trying to make the best of this experience, because I hope that it will make me a better teacher when I DO finally get a job. But sometimes it's really hard to stick it out because I'm feeling quite overwhelmed and not getting any help. On top of that, there won't be any attempts for a baby in September, either. My hysteroscopy is too far into my cycle to chance it. SOO...on towards October! B: toast with peanut butter L: not sure, probably a microwave meal D: chicken (better take it out of the freezer, huh?) S: not sure Happy Thursday! Pamela
jewelcrown
on 8/23/06 10:38 pm
Yesterday was good... I walked 3 miles and stayed on plan. I didn't get the Pilates in. And... the scale dropped 2 lbs. So I'm back to 222... can I keep going? We'll see. Here's today's plan: Breakfast: AchievOne Snack: AchievOne Lunch: Deli turkey Romaine Lettuce Lite Dressing Snack: AchievOne Dinner: Steak Collard Greens Nutrition: 1143 Calories 47 Fat 37 Carbs 108 Protein Exercise: 25 minutes Pilates 60 minutes walking Have a great day!! Denise
IrishIze
on 8/24/06 1:28 am - NJ
I'm not doing well eating or exercise wise. I'm on an eating binge and no matter how good my intentions are in the morning, I find myself eating the wrong things and way too much. I'm definitely going to start seeing a therapist. For me eating is a compulsion just like drinking and smoking were. Unfortunately, I can't just abstain. For me it's all or nothing. Once I start eating, I can't stop ~ I'm in a bad place right now and it scares me. I'm hoping to stick with my SF lemonade and water, and add some Unjury during the day; then just eat some turkey Sloppy Joe meat at 8 PM. If I don't start eating until then, it at least cuts down on the time that I eat... I'm also going to try and go for a walk at some point. I'm really down in the dumps - weighed this morning at 173. Hugs, Nancy
jewelcrown
on 8/24/06 1:59 am
Hey Nancy! Hang in there.... since you're in an eating phase... Just go with it... BUT... eat as much protein as you want. Eat until the urge goes away. Maybe we need to take this in phases. First phase... eat, but eat only protein. Next phase, eat only protein, but cut back on calories. If we're going to eat or binge, maybe we can hold back the pounds by binging on protein... Just a thought... We can do this! Just by not giving up, we've won a big battle!! Hugs! Denise
IrishIze
on 8/24/06 2:34 am - NJ
Thanks Denise, you've made me feel better. I've been trying to eat protein bars and stuff, but I always find myself with pretzels and crackers or cookies. I was looking back on fitday.com to when I first started posting there about one week after surgery. OMG - I ate nothing; just protein drinks day after day in 4 oz. increments! I remember I used to wake up crying because I wanted to eat so badly - I was craving just one olive; and I don't even really like olives! I think I have to set a schedule and say that at this time I can eat this and at that time I can eat something else. I really need to be disciplined - left to my own devices I just graze and snack and there's always a battle going on in my head. Hopefully things will get better....thanks for the support! N.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/06 5:55 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy, here are a couple of questions for you. Do you have trouble sleeping? Do you feel anxious or nervous or stressed out? Do you suffer from depression? A therapist would probably be a good thing (for me, too). Have you looked into medication? My PCP put me on Wellbutrin. I asked for something that might promote weight loss, and he decided I suffer from anxiety. It seems to be making a difference. I haven't been obsessing over food since I started taking it, not even when I was on vacation. The ONLY bad side-effect that I've had from it is a worsened PMS. I cried for three days because I was SOOOOO blue. Not that my hormones have evened out again, I feel okay. Anyway...I hope you find the helping hand that you need to get back on track. But hey, 173 isn't awful. I would KILL to be 180, even! Pamela
IrishIze
on 8/24/06 11:42 pm - NJ
Pam, Thanks for the suggestion. I do have trouble sleeping lately and yes I am VERY stressed. I have a lot of stress in my life and I feel like I'm trying to hold things together not only for myself, but for my whole family. I thought awhile back I might be depressed, so the doctor prescribed Wellbutrin. I didn't feel like it had any effect whatsoever - in fact, I felt like it made me feel nervous. Maybe I didn't give it long enough. I might start back on it - I have a 90 day supply. Thanks for the concern. I am very grateful to be at 173, but I know if I don't get a handle on this compulsion, I could be 200 in the blink of an eye.... Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/24/06 5:32 am - Oxnard, CA
Well today is my 36th birthday and I've decided I'm not going to stress. I'm going to try my best to make healthy choices today. Learning that I can celebrate the day but not necessarily through food. Wish me luck!! LOL Love to all.......Have a great Thursday and TGIF tomorrow!!
jewelcrown
on 8/24/06 7:29 am
Happy birthday Michelle!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/06 9:40 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Belated Happy Birthday! I meant to post to you yesterday, but I got sidetracked. I hope you had a great day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views