Revision Monday

Janette
on 8/15/06 11:23 pm - Peoria, AZ
I posted on Aug 7th about complications that have developed and just sending an update. I go in Mon am for surgery for a revision (not reversal). The Dr will cut out bottom of pouch and upper part of intestine and reanastomis it together, He will also look in my "old" stomach" to make sure there are no fistulas or ulcerations in there and if all ok will but in a feeding tube. They put in a PICC line and I am now on TPN for severe malnourishment. At 18 months my wt stablized for the next 6 months re: I has plastics done end of May. Multiple infections and antibiotics. I asked the WLS Dr if this caused this and he said was probably developing anyway but could have helped it along. He said the revision surgery is much harder and dangerous than gastric bypass so i am apprehensive to say the least but I cant wait to feel better again as I felt so good for the last 2 yrs. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/120( before TPN) I need to be 135 to 140 for a healthy wt for me
IrishIze
on 8/16/06 2:56 am - NJ
Oh Janette - you poor thing. I feel so bad for you having to go through this. But, let's just all pray that within the next few weeks you will be feeling so much better and on your way back to a healthy weight. Are you gaining weight now that you have the PICC line in? Are you at least feeling better in that respect? I will continue to keep you in my prayers - please be sure to let us know how you are doing. Hey, I'm waiting for a call!!! Hugs and sending positive healing thoughts, Nancy
Irene S.
on 8/18/06 1:29 am - NJ
Hi Janette, I'm sorry to hear of your terribly difficult time with complications. After feeling so miserable for so long, it's good to know what's causing it, and that there's something that can be done about it. I'll keep you in my prayers that this upcoming surgery will take care of the problems you've been experiencing and that you'll soon be restored to full, good health. I'll be thinking of you Monday and sending good vibes your way! Please let me know how things turn out when you're up to it. Irene
Deejay
on 8/19/06 2:22 am - Sparks, NV
It breaks my heart to hear about you like this Janette. I'm praying so so hard for your surgery and a speedy recovery, as well as this fixing the issues your having. I will be on pins and needles til we hear from you afterward. I'm so sorry you have to go through this! Praying hard!!!!!!!!! Best wishes and big hugs, Deejay
christygran
on 8/19/06 10:42 pm - honesdale, PA
hugs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits